Dear Bridlemile Community,
The staff at Bridlemile Elementary School warmly welcomes you and your family to the 2016-2017 school year. The Bridlemile philosophy supports the value that each student has a right to develop to their fullest potential. Helping each child become a participating and contributing member of the school, the community and the world is our number one goal. It is our responsibility to create a positive and nurturing school climate that promotes a sense of well-being, self-confidence and individual and collective awareness that connects students to our learning community. The learning environment at Bridlemile strives to meet each student’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth patterns using high academic and behavioral expectations coupled with a sensitivity to each child’s unique needs and learning style. Through cooperative support of the staff, the teacher and the parents, we expect each child to reach their maximum potential by:
- Learning problem-solving skills in a positive, enriching setting
- Working cooperatively to develop academically, socially, and emotionally
- Becoming challenged through a curriculum that developmentally meets the needs of our students
- Motivating and inspiring students to become life-long learners
- Appreciating cultural diversities and respecting individual differences
- Becoming contributing members of immediate and global communities
- Becoming self-aware, empathetic and responsible
- Developing and understanding feelings and being able to express them freely, respectfully and confidently
Our core program includes:
- Music with a Music Specialist each week plus an optional band program for fifth graders and a strings program for third, fourth and fifth graders
- Music programs for K/1, 2/3, 4/5, and Band/Strings
- Library with a Media Specialist once a week
- Technology with a Technology Teacher 50 minutes a week
- Physical Education with a PE Specialist at least one time per week
- Art with classroom teachers and professional artists through the Artist in Residency Program
- Mandarin/Chinese language and culture with a Mandarin teacher one time per week
On behalf of the staff at Bridlemile, we look forward to partnering with you to make this an excellent school year for our students. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to our school.
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) issues annual report cards for every school and school district. The report cards offer families and the community valuable information about student attendance and achievement and teacher experience, among other things.
Resolution also outlines plan for training staff for ICE activity at schools
Citing its commitment to providing for the physical safety and emotional well-being of all children in Portland Public Schools, the Board of Education on Thursday, November 17 considered and unanimously passed a resolution that clarified the District’s procedures relating to Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE) activity in PPS schools.
2:35 PM - 3:35 PM Site Council Meeting