The primary focus of Direction Services is to assist students in successfully transitioning into PPS by providing:
- a single point of entry for families and community providers
- assistance to schools through gathering information, attending agency discharge meetings and identifying involved community contacts,
- participation in IEP review and placement meetings at agencies that provide Special Education services, and
- assistance to families and community partners in exploring PPS funded alternative educational options and navigating the enrollment and transfer process.
Community Resource Team
In addition to placement services, Direction Services facilitates the Community Resource Team (CRT) in collaboration with Student Services. This multidisciplinary team also includes Student Services, Child Welfare, Multnomah County Mental Health and Addictions, Multnomah County Developmental Disabilities, Morrison Center Child and Family Services. This collaborative team will also include personnel from Juvenile Justice and NAYA as appropriate.
- a 45-minute solution focused dialogue with schools, family and Community Resource Team members
- The CRT can be especially helpful for families who qualify/utilize OHP services
- exploration of district and community resources, to better “wrap around” a student and family
- specific recommendations to enhance student success
- links to community resources for students
CRT meets every second and fourth Wednesday from 1-4pm during the school year.
For questions about scheduling please contact:
Phone: 503-916-3438Fax: 503.916.3194