Direction Services provides support to students with complex mental health, behavioral and educational needs enrolling in PPS following an extended absence from a public school setting.
This cross-disciplinary team includes staff from the PPS Special Education and Direction Services working alongside Student Services, Enrollment and Transfer and Education Options as well as the community partners supporting incoming students. Students may be identified as Special Education or General Education.
Direction Services facilitates the Community Resource Team (CRT) In collaboration with Student Services. This multidisciplinary team also includes Child Welfare, Multnomah County Mental Health and Addictions, Multnomah County Developmental Disabilities, Morrison Center Child and Family Services. This collaborative team will also include personnel from Juvenile Justice and NAYA as appropriate.
- a 45-minute solution focused dialogue with schools, family and Community Resource Team members
- The CRT can be especially helpful for families who qualify/utilize OHP services
- exploration of district and community resources, to better “wrap around” a student and family
- specific recommendations to enhance student success, and
- links to community resources for students.
Please fill out this referral form to participate in this multidisciplinary Community Resource Team.