Alameda's staff, community and Site Council have developed the following vision and beliefs, and they guide the development and monitoring of our School Improvement Plan.
We are a diverse community of life-long learners who are creative, responsible, and respectful. We are committed to meeting the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- We believe in an environment where students make choices and are accountable for their learning and actions.
- We believe in setting high expectations, encouraging excellence, and celebrating success.
- We believe the school is an extension of the real world.
- We believe all children can learn.
- We believe the entire learning community benefits when teachers are provided with opportunities to share and plan.
- We believe a successful education revolves around a nurturing partnership among students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- We believe all children are entitled to an enriched, varied curriculum.
What makes us unique?
- State-of-the-art media center unmatched in the District's elementary schools. Closed-circuit television system, wireless labs with sets of lap tops for media center and classroom use, smart-board, elmo, wireless sound system in media center.
- Focus on arts integration, technology.
- Young Audiences support of year-long music residency with Ralph Nelson.
- Third, fourth, fifth graders perform in musicals that integrate with their social studies curriculum.
- Overnight science experiences at Camp Hancock for fifth graders and the Oregon Trail Overnight for fourth graders.
- Blocks for literacy and math instruction.
- Entire staff is trained in Second Steps or Steps to Respect, friendship skills/anti bullying curriculum.
- Tuition-based and half day kindergartens.