In addition to meeting credit requirements and passing state tests in reading, writing and math, all PPS graduates complete three Personalized Learning Diplom Requirements (PLRs):
A Career Related Learning Experience can offer you a unique topic for a college essay or scholarship interview. Exploring your interests and career options can also help you determine your next steps after high school. See Career Coordinator Meg Kilmer in the Counseling about job shadowing, career day events and volunteering. She has career assessments and college research tools for students too.
Graduation Ceremony Prep
Graduation is an exciting time and students and families eagerly look forward to the festivities. Please be sure support LHS and your participation in the ceremony by following student handbook policies.
Order a cap and gown (Fall):
Contact www.jostens.com/contact . All students are required to wear a cap and gown to be part of the ceremony. Please contact your student's counselor if you have any questions.
Senior check-out June 1st:
All seniors are required to pay any LHS fees prior to receiving graduation tickets and their physical diploma. Letters detailing unpaid fee (i.e. lost textbooks, library and parking fees) information are sent out in early May.
Important Senior Dates:
CRLE's Due Now
May 1st all CORRESPONDENCE SCHOOL grades are due (PSU, BYU etc)
May 30 & 31 Senior Finals
June 1st Senior Breakfast/Senior Awards Assembly
June 1st Seniors Last Day
Graduation tickets (after senior check-out June 1st):
After clearing fees and meeting all graduation requirements prior to or at senior check-out, seniors will receive 10 tickets each. Students can request more tickets after the check-out process is complete by signing up on the waiting list through Ms. Kinnison in the Counseling Office. Students will receive extra tickets, if available, the day after senior check out. Please note, due to our increased number of seniors, additional tickets may not be available.
PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TRAVEL TIME FOR BRIDGE LIFTS AND DETOURS DUE TO ROSE FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES.
Graduation location and parking:
The ceremony will be held at the Memorial Coliseum. This is a formal ceremony and students are expected to honor conduct guidelines. Parking fees apply as posted, there is no free or validated parking. Families needing information about handicap access, wheelchair escorts and seating should contact the Coliseum directly at 503-235-8771 or 503-797-9712.
Senior All-Night Grad Party (immediately follows ceremony):
The Senior All Night Grad Party is an event planned by senior parents and not the school. Students and parents can print out the graduation party waiver/medical form and submit it with the registration fee ($100, payable to Friends of Lincoln). Check your fall registration receipt to see if you've paid this amount already--if so, just send in the form to the senior grad party mail box in the main office. Questions? Want to help? Please contact TBA at TBA or TBA. Partial scholarships are available on request, see your counselor.
On September 24th during FLEX Counselors gave this presentation to our current seniors. To hear the audio narration please change to slide show view.
If your graduation questions have not been answered in the information above or the Senior Presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Am I allowed to wear my siblings gown from a previous year? Yes, if you have a sibling that graduated from Lincoln High School, you can wear the same gown and cap.
2. Do I have to order my gown from Jostens? Yes, if you are not wearing a gown from a sibling, you need to purchase your gown from Jostens so all graduates are wearing the same gown type, style and color. We do have a few gowns that can be borrowed, see your counselor.
3. How many graduation tickets will I receive? Each student receives 10 tickets.
4. How can I get more graduation tickets? After the student goes through senior check you can sign up on a waiting list for additional tickets. Tickets will be given out the day after senior check out.
5. What do I do with my cap and gown after graduation? You are welcome to donate it back to Lincoln High School for others to borrow if they have a need.
6. Do I have to attend rehearsal? Yes, we need all seniors to attend rehearsal. There are many steps to graduation and rehearsal ensures that we all know our part and how to carry out our roles.
Questions about ordering?
Phone: 1-800-Jostens (567-8367)
Yearbook Info for Seniors:
Senior Ads: Are you a family member interested in shining a spotlight on a senior in your life? Create a custom “advertisement” for your senior! Please note: Space is limited and you must order before November 30, 2016. For pricing and upload information, please refer to this 2016-2017 Yearbook Information document.
Senior Portraits: Seniors are able to take and submit a photo of their choosing for the Senior section of the yearbook. Portraits must be submitted by November 30, 2016 or your student ID will be used. For upload and alternative photographer information, please refer to the 2016-2017 Yearbook Information document.
Other question? Please email the yearbook staff:
You can use the link above if you are a current Lincoln student only.