SUPPORT OUR NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL!
Come celebrate Earth Day with the Lewis Elementary PTA as we launch our new event
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Garden Fair!
The event is on April 22nd from 9AM-3PM
How can you help support our neighborhood school?
1) Donate those items you've been hoarding. We're going to expand our recycling efforts to include eye glasses, batteries, computer/electronic equipment, hard plastics (the kind you can't take to New Seasons or put in the curb bins), sheet or block styrofoam (no peanuts - take those to UPS!), textiles. Donations are tax deductible. The drop off date is April 21st 8AM-4PM - 4401 SE Evergreen Street. Contact Shawn Jaquiss (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
2) Donate plants from the garden fair - start your seeds (I just started a bunch of tomatoes and kale) and dig out those crowding plants to share with neighbors. Drop off for plants no earlier than will also be April 17th. Contact Rebecka Amodei (email@example.com) for details.
3) Sign up to volunteer for this event. It is not possible to fund raise for PTA school-supported programs without volunteers. If we do not have enough volunteers by April 11th, we will have to cancel the event. This would mean a potential loss of $6000 to school programming. Signups are at the school office and through signup genius.
4) Bring friends and shop on April 22nd - 9AM-3PM!
5) Sharing this post on social media!