I am very excited to start my second year as the Principal of Woodstock Elementary. I look forward to continuing our work to make your child’s school experience rich, meaningful, and successful!
As we are eager to see returning and new students, I would also like to introduce staff new to the Woodstock School Community:
- Katy Vawter, Assistant Principal - With our growing student population, Woodstock has been assigned a new Assistant Principal for the first time as a K-5 school. Ms. Vawter joined us mid-August and is preparing to support students, teachers, and parents/guardians through this school year.
- Kylea Sundberg, Counselor (Halftime) - Mrs. Sundberg is also a new addition based on our growing population. She will be working at Woodstock in the mornings alongside Mr. Kosmas supporting whole class guidance and small group work.
- Rebecca Wilcox, Kindergarten Neighborhood Teacher - Ms. Wilcox was a temporary Neighborhood Kindergarten Teacher last year and has been officially hired for this year. We are excited to have her back!
- Lynette Diller, 1st Grade Neighborhood Teacher - Mrs. Diller joins us from Peninsula Elementary. She comes with some strong experience in differentiation and is looking forward to working with the families of Woodstock!
- Jamie Hillenberg, 3rd Grade English Immersion Teacher - Ms. Hillenberg brings a great teaming approach and technology skills to our school. She is excited to work with her Immersion Teaching Partner and begin the school year.
- Aron Steinke, 5th Grade Neighborhood Teacher - Mr. Steinke will be teaching 5th Grade and will be a strong addition to our 5th Grade Team. He has some creative and “out-of-the-box” approaches to connecting with students and engaging them in learning.
- Ali Borosky, ELL Teacher - Mrs. Borosky comes to Woodstock from Lent Elementary School. With a background in both Reading Instruction and English Language Development, she will be a great addition to our school.
Please be sure to say hello to our new members of the Woodstock Staff!
As we all return to school, please take a moment to review the Arrival and Dismissal Procedures in this packet of information. With student safety being our first consideration, please cooperate with the Arrival and Dismissal Procedures.
In preparation for a year full of learning and growth, the Woodstock School Community participated in a survey last spring to identify our school values. In addition to our school expectations that students are Safe, Respectful, and Responsible, this year we will be emphasizing our community’s values of Compassion, Curiosity, Integrity, and Perseverance. Through these expectations and values, we look forward to another great year!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me an email, give me a call, or stop by the office.
With Woodstock Pride,
Seth Johnson, Principal