August 4, 2021
★ Please note, on Monday, August 2nd, you may have received an electronic postcard that indicated you should “Save the Date” for an August 19th, 9th Grade Jumpstart event for students and families from 3-5pm. Please disregard the email, as our events for 9th graders are planned as outlined below.
Dear GHS 9th Grade students and families,
We acknowledge that beginning high school can be thrilling and exciting; however, it also brings many questions and possibly some uneasiness in being part of something new. To welcome and acclimatize our Class of 2025 Generals and help assuage any unease, we have a few upcoming events scheduled that will guide and support them through the first days of school and beyond. Please take note of these key dates.
August 20, 2021 JumpStart/Orientation & GearUp for incoming 9th Graders Under normal circumstances, we do Jumpstart as a separate event; however, due to many factors, including concerns about the increase of Delta variant coronavirus cases, we merged these events and spread the orientation throughout the day. Details outlined below:
- What: Incoming GHS 9th graders will:
○ Receive school ID (with TriMet pass)
○ Get information about their schedules
○ Have an opportunity to tour the building and engage in Q&A with GHS Leadership students
○ Have school photo taken
○ Meet several teachers, counselors, and Admin.
- When: August 20, 2021
○ 8:30-11:30 am (last names A-L)
○ 12:15-3:30 pm (last names M-Z)
- Where: Grant High School
September 1, 2021 First Day of School
- What: Incoming GHS 9th Graders will begin by having the first two hours of school dedicated to orienting them to what it means to be a General, as well as meeting their cohorted bridge groups, teachers, and counselors.
- When: 8:30 am
For more information and important updates, please visit the Grant High School webpage at www.grant.pps.net. Another fantastic way to keep connected and updated is to download the free Trivory app by scanning the QR code or by downloading it through the Apple Store or Google Play. Go to trivory.com/post/060e for a helpful tutorial created by GHS Leadership students.