Woodrow Wilson High School Sports Hall of Fame
April, 2017: Wilson's "refresh" of our sports Hall of Fame has been completed. All 46 Hall-of-Famers are now on the wall with new plaques. Many thanks to Wilson parent and alumnus Dan Rubin for creating the plaques and to Coach Steve Walmer for help on installation. Also, thanks to Coach Jeremy Shetler for chairing the committee considering future inductees to the Wilson Hall of Fame.
Five Wilson graduates inducted as members of the 2010 Wilson Sports Hall of Fame.
John Dunn, 1973
- Four-year Baseball letter winner. Team Captain. All-PIL as Junior & Senior. All-State as Senior.
- Two-year Basketball letter winner. Team Outstanding Player and All-PIL as Senior.
- Four-year Baseball letter winner at Portland State. Two-time All-NorPac Conference. Gold-Glove winner and Team Captain.
- Portland Mavericks All-NW League Pitcher. Participated in San Diego Padres Spring Training farm system.
- Played many years in Portland City League Semi-Pro Baseball for Taylor Electric.
- Volunteer coach for many years with various youth programs in the community and schools, including WHS baseball team and WHS women’s basketball team.
- Currently, pitching coach at Lewis & Clark College.
- Parent of current WHS Junior Rachel, 2007 graduate Rebecca and 2005 graduate Evan
Joan Edwards Powell - 1962
- Four-Time Golf letter winner. Three-time Team Captain and MVP, State Champion as Sophomore.
- Most decorated Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) member with 10 Championships, including two in the same year; more than any other player, male or female.
- PNGA Senior Woman of the Year.
- 1997-99, 2002. PNGA Hall of Fame inductee in 2003.
- Featured in Sports Illustrated “Faces in the Crowd” for winning three state championships in a single year.
- Western Women’s Golf Association National Senior Champion 2003;
- PNGA Women’s Mid-Amateur Champion 2002-03;
- PNGA Senior Women’s Amateur Champion 1995, 1997-99, 2001-02, 2007;
- PNGA Women’s Amateur Finalist 1995, 1998;
- PNGA Junior Girls’ Champion 1960;
- Oregon Amateur Champion 1995;
- Oregon Tournament of Champions Champion 1998-99;
- Oregon Women’s Stroke Play Champion 1999-2001;
- Oregon Senior Stroke Play Champion 1999, 2001;
- Oregon Senior Match Play Champion 1997-99, 2006, 2008-09;
- Oregon Senior Match Play Finalist 2007;
- Portland Women’s City Champion 1996, 2001;
- Oregon Coast Invitational Champion 12 times;
- OWGA Champion 1977-80, 1982, 1987, 1990, 2006;
- CECC Club Champion 23 times;
- USGA member of Oregon team 1995, 1997;
- Pacific Northwest Cup representing Oregon 2007;
- The Players Championship Senior Women's Champion 2010;
- Boys Golf Coach at Westview High School 10 years.
Jack Hewitt (deceased) - 1983
- Two-year Football letter winner. First Team All-PIL and All-Metro and 3rd-team All State as a Senior.
- Three-year Wrestling letter winner. Two-time PIL Champion and Three-time Team Captain.
- Two-year Track letter winner. Pole Vault Champion as Senior.
John Miller (deceased) - 1966
- Three-year Wrestling letter winner. State runner-up as Sophomore and Senior.
- Three-year Wrestling letter winner at University of Oregon. Pac-8 Champion and as Sophomore and Senior.
- NCAA Champion as Junior and place finisher as Sophomore and Senior. Best winning percentage of any U of O wrestler at that time.
- In residency at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas at time of death.
Bruce Plato, 1974
- Two-year Basketball letter winner. Member of State Tournament Team and Most Improved Player as Senior.
- Two-year Baseball letter winner.
- All-PIL Pitcher and led league in wins and strikeouts as Senior.
- All-State Honorable Mention. Outstanding Pitcher in PIL All-Star game. Chosen to play in State-Metro game.
- Member of Two-time State Champion, Regional Champion and 3rd Place World Champion Watco Electric American Legion team.
- Two-Year Baseball letter winner at Oregon State University.
- Teacher and coach for many years at Bridlemile Elementary, Wilson and Lincoln High Schools.
- Administrator at Benson, Lincoln, Madison and Cleveland (Principal) High Schools.
- Currently, Principal Lake Oswego High School
Four Wilson graduates inducted as members to the 2009 Wilson Sports Hall of Fame.
Carol (Eggen) Tyree-Dewell, 1961
- Three-year Swimming letter winner; Team MVP
- Three-year State Champion, 200 Individual Medley and Breaststroke
- First place National Junior Women's 800 meter Freestyle
- Currently a secondary Health/PE teacher in Silverdale Washington
Scott Peterson, 1976
- Two-year Football letter winner
- Three-year Basketball letter winner; Member of PIL Championship Team
- Four-year Baseball letter winner; Member of Two PIL Championship Teams; All-City, All-Metro, All-State
- Multnomah Athletic Club Scholar-Athlete Award winner
- Member of Three American Legion State and One Regional Championship Baseball Teams
- Drafted by and played in the Texas Rangers organization
- Currently construction manager with Costa Pacific Communities
Wendy (Peterson) Ingraham, 1978
- Four-year Volleyball letter winner; All-City
- Four-year Basketball letter winner; All-City
- Three-year Softball letter winner
- Multnomah Athletic Club Scholar-Athlete Award winner
- Currently small business owner in Birkenfeld Oregon
Cindy (Murphy) Padilla, 1989
- Three-year Volleyball letter winner; Member of Three PIL Championship teams; All-City, All-State, All-Tournament; Team's Outstanding Player as Senior.
- Four-year Basketball letter winner; Member of Two PIL Championship teams; All-City, All-State; Team's Outstanding Player as a Senior;
- State and USA Today Female Prep Athlete-of-the-Year as a Senior.
- Softball letter winner; Member of PIL Championship Team
- Basketball letter winner at Gonzaga and University of Oregon
- Currently, Executive Director of the Tigard Festival of Balloons