- CLICK HERE to turn in your Resume to meet your PLR requirement.
- Career Information System (CIS) - http://oregoncis.uoregon.edu/
(user name 1Cleveland password: CHS02)
- Careers & salary ranges: www.bls.gov/ooh
(Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- My Future - www.myfuture.com
(offers carrier planning advice, easy to read)
- My Next Move - http://www.mynextmove.org
(an interactive career-search site)
- Career Information - www.careers.org
(huge site with tons of links to career resources)
- Salary and Growing Occupations - www.acinet.org
(Info on salary, job openings, fastest growing)
- US Department of Defense - www.todaysmilitary.com
(military jobs and career information)
- Career Pathways - pcc.edu/career/pathways
(discover career pathways)
- Local Career Days
- Local job search sites
For information on Oregon Labor Laws, click here.
Oregon Food Handler Cards
Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work. The cost of the card is $10.00 and the card is valid for three years. Food handler cards issued in any county are valid throughout Oregon. If you have a valid food manager training certificate, it is accepted in lieu of a food handler card. Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Oregon.
Main Course Topics:
- Employee Illness
- Your Role in Helping Prevent Foodborne Illness
- The Role of Management in Helping Prevent Foodborne Illness
- Foodborne Illness
- Temperature Control
- Final Cooking Temperature
- Contamination and Cross Contamination
- Your own Health Comes First
You can find registration information at http://otfoodhandlers.com or ask in the CCC, rm 213.