Dear Ockley Green 8th Grade Families, April 5th, 2019
I cannot believe it is that time of year again! Promotion will be here soon! Please read the full letter to make this a successful time for all students.
Right now, the cost of all promotion activities, including the 8th grade trip and yearbook, is $50 per student. During the month of April, all 8th grade students will have the opportunity to participate in a fundraiser. The proceeds will be used to lower the cost requested from each student. At the beginning of May, we will send another letter with the final cost requested and permission slips. Please note, scholarships will be available should your family need.
40 Day Rule:
We expect all our 8th graders to complete their last days at Ockley Green showing caring, collaboration and growth. After April 9th, 8th graders will not be allowed to participate in the 8th grade BBQ, promotion dance, 8th grade trip, and/or promotion if they engage in the following behaviors during the last 40 days of school:
- A total of ½ or 1 day student suspension will lead to loss of 2 activities
- A total of 2 days of student suspensions will lead to loss of 3 activities
- A total of 3 days student suspensions will lead to loss of all activities
- Unexcused skipping of classes (Each skipped class will equal losing one promotion event)
- Students who are tardy more than 4 times per week for 2 weeks will lose one promotion event for every additional 4 tardies
- Students earning more than 1 Reset will lose one promotion event for every Reset earned after 1
Promotion Activities Schedule:
Monday, June 3rd - 8th grade field trip to Bullwinkles
Wednesday, June 5th- Goodbye Assembly for whole school
Thursday, June 6th-
9:10 am- Students arrive at regularly scheduled school time
10:00 -11:45 am– Promotion practice
12:00 pm- 2:00 pm– BBQ @ nearby park
2:15 pm- Early release to prepare for promotion
5:45 pm– Promotion Ceremony @ Roosevelt Gym (starts at 6:00 pm)
8:30 pm- Dance at Peninsula Odd Fellow Lodge, 4834 N Lombard St, Portland, OR 97203
Friday, June 7th- Field Day - 8th graders are invited to attend as this will be their last day at Ockley.
Monday, June 10th and Tuesday, June 11th- 8th graders are not required to attend.
Help us celebrate your student! We can’t do it without you! If you are interested, please contact Doris Tamoro, PTA Co-President at email@example.com
Kristina Howard (she/her)
Ockley Green Middle School