Student Intervention Team (SIT)
The Student Intervention Team (SIT) is a collaborative, general education problem-solving team made up of a variety of school personnel. The purpose of the SIT is to select appropriate, effective behavior and academic interventions for students who are experiencing difficulty in school in order to support student growth in lagging skills so they may be successful in the general education setting.
SIT Process Resources: MTSS partnered with OTL and SpEd to ensure that the recommended SIT process is aligned across departments.
- Updated Virtual SIT Guidance during Distance Learning for All
- SIT Handbook
- SIT Meeting Agenda/Minutes (with instructions)
- Academic Intervention Flowchart
- Behavior Intervention Flowchart
Additional SIT Resources:
- Dashboard Request for Assistance (RfA) Form Video and Written Instructions
- RfA Parent Interview Questions - These questions can be asked of parents/caregivers as soon as a concern is noted.
- Teacher Interview Questions - These questions can be asked of a Teacher by a member of the SIT team when the team notices that a student needs support.
- Student Interview Questions - These questions can be asked of the student when a concern is noted.
- Tier 1 Support Tracker - This can be used to collect virtually any kind of Tier 1 data prior to referring a student to SIT.
- Choosing a Data Collection Tool - This is a menu of data tools organized by type of data to be collected.
SIT Resources for Distance Learning:
- Virtual SIT Guidelines - This document provides guidance for SITs during PPS HD. The document was updated on December 10, 2020.
- Virtual CICO Documents - This folder contains CICO forms for virtual use. This includes editable versions in the five supported languages.
Literacy Decision Rules
The documents linked below were created by OTL and provide guidance to school teams for using data such as universal screeners to identify and match students to Tier II & III literacy interventions.
- K-5 Literacy Assessment Decision Rules 2020-2021 School Year
- 6-8 Literacy/Language Arts Decision Rules 2020-2021 School Year
- 9-12 Literacy/Language Arts Decision Rules 2019-2020 School Year
Math Decision Rules
The documents linked below were created by OTL and provide guidance to school teams for using data such as universal screeners to identify and match students to Tier II & III math interventions.
Have you noticed errors in the above documents? Do you wish that additional resources were provided? Contact Niki Johnson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like clarification around the use of the above documents? Would you like a thought partner to support enhancing your school's SIT process? Contact your MTSS TOSA!