PPS FAMILIES, please follow the steps below:
1. Register your student at your neighborhood high school. (School Finder)
2. Eligible students will learn about PISA in two ways:
- Your neighborhood school will share about the PISA program and ways in which the program can meet students’ unique needs.
- For students who are eligible, PISA will contact you to share information about the program
3. Interested students and families visit PISA to determine if PISA is the best option. If the decision is to attend PISA, we will schedule a start day.
4. PISA will notify your neighborhood school of the decision.
- If you choose PISA, your student is unenrolled from your neighborhood school, and the PISA secretary will enroll your student at PISA.
- All forms that were completed at the neighborhood high school will be sent to PISA.
- Your student will attend PISA as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please call PISA or one of our Community Agents.
Portland International Scholars Academy (PISA) is an optional full-day high school program located at McDaniel and Roosevelt high schools. Students who are new to the US within the last two years and have beginning English proficiency are eligible.
- Student has been enrolled in a US school less than two years AND is eligible for high school.
- Student scores Emerging on ELPA21/ Screener.
- Students entering 11th or 12th grade will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- PISA students are placed in a grade level based on birthdate; however, courses are assigned based on educational needs and graduation requirements.
PISA will partner with neighborhood schools and outside organizations when PISA is not the best option for students.
If you have any questions, please call Jennifer Anderson (971-347-5916).