Brought to you by the Career Center Room 117 in the Library
Raisa Puchalski | Career Coordinator | email@example.com
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
How does Career Learning Happen at Roosevelt?
At Roosevelt, we have a variety of programs and support in place for students to explore careers. This includes bringing in career speakers, attending career and resume building workshops, participating in mock interviews, working alongside industry professionals in Career Technical Education (CTE) through job shadows and internships, and heading out to visit a workplace via "Career Days." In addition, Roosevelt offers multiple state-approved CTE programs of study that allows students to experience hands-on learning and acquire skills that are transferable to a multitude of future career pathways. These CTE programs include Business, Construction Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Media Studies/ Mass Communication, and Multimedia/ Theatre Arts Production. Not sure where to begin? Your Career Coordinator is here to help!
Fall Programs and Opportunities
- 2021 Aerospace College Career Exploration and Selection System (ACCESS) Free to join. Application period is from 9/1 - 10/4. Explore Aeronautics, Airframe and Powerplants, Space Travel, Solar System, Drones, and Robotics
- Apply for the Your Street Your Voice Fall 2021 Virtual Cohort on Climate Justice 9/21 - 11/9 APPLY BY 9/15. Upon completion, Youth receive $250 to participate!
- Apply for EMPOWHER Fall 2021 Virtual Cohort on Climate Justice 9/22- 11/10 APPLY BY 9/15. Upon completion, Youth receive $250 to participate!
- iURBAN Teen is a STEM+Arts education program that brings together underrepresented teens and young adults for career exploration and mentoring.
Save The Date! Coming in October!
Tools to Build Your Future- Virtual Career and Postsecondary Planning Event 10/13
Bodecker Foundation Fall and Winter Workshops. Registration begins in October.
Future You 2 Go Events (Virtual until Semester 2)
- Manufacturing Month Presentations
- Climate Careers Series
- Junior and Senior Series
PLRs (Personalized Learning Requirements)
In addition to taking classes, students can must complete these requirements for graduation:
1.) Complete two Career Related Learning Experiences(CRLE)
- CRLE forms will be available soon
2.) Create a Resume
- Assigned during junior year
3.) Write a My Plan Essay
- Assigned by English teachers senior year.