Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a statewide voluntary reading motivation and comprehension program sponsored by the Oregon Association of School Libraries in conjunction with a Library Services and Technology Act grant. Students in 3rd-12th grade, regardless of ability, are exposed to quality literature representing a variety of literary styles and viewpoints.
OBOB’s mission is to encourage and recognize students who enjoy reading, to broaden reading interests, to increase reading comprehension, promote academic excellence, and to promote cooperative learning and teamwork among students.
Interested in joining a team? Form your own team, or I can help you get connected with other students who are seeking a team!
Sign up here: Franklin OBOB Sign Up
Book list for 2020-2021
9th to 12th Grade Division
- The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater
- Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough
- The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
Where can I get the books?
Check them out from the FHS Library: Library Book Pick Up
Borrow eBook or audiobook copies from the Multnomah county library: https://multcolib.overdrive.com/library/teens
Hound of the Baskervilles Available on Audio and eBook to read instantly via Teen Book Cloud