Fall 2020: What Students and Families Need to Know about AttendanceSeptember 2, 2020
We are very excited to see your student back at school this year. While we cannot see them in person, we will connect with them virtually through online distance learning. It is very important that students attend and participate in classes. We want to provide multiple ways for our teachers to account for your child’s attendance in school. You can find several ways listed below. Please review them with your student and please stress the importance of their participation and engagement in school this year. Thank you in advance for your partnership with us during online learning.
Students will have 24 hours (from 12:01 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.) to participate in one of the following ways:
- Participating in a video class.
- Communication from the student to the teacher via chat, text message, communication app, or email.
- A phone call between the teacher or EA/Paraprofessional with the student, or, for younger students, with the parent.
- Posting completed coursework to a learning management system or web-based platform or via email.
- Turning in complete coursework on a given day.
Please note that students in grades 6-12 must attend in one of the above mentioned ways for every scheduled class on a particular day.
To understand the difference between synchronous and asynchronous learning, please check out our Instructional Delivery model document.
For the most current information about the beginning of the school year, visit the Fall 2020 website.