Employment with Nutrition Services
Great Reasons to Work for Nutrition Services
- School day shifts, 2 to 6 hours (summer and holidays off)
- No nights or weekends
- Opportunity for advancement
- Represented by SEIU Local 503 Union
How to Apply
- All employment applications are submitted online. Applicants must be fingerprinted, pass criminal record check and obtain Multnomah County Food Handlers Certification.
- Complete an online application. No additional materials are required for on call substitutes.
- Apply for Classified Position as Nutrition Services on call substitute
- Call (503) 916-3271 to inquire about your online application
An online application computer is available on the 2nd floor at the Blanchard Education Service Center located at 501 N. Dixon St. (near Broadway Bridge). Computer access is also available at Multnomah County Public Libraries. Substitutes are always needed. Call (503) 916-3271 if you have questions or need more instructions to complete an online application.
Most Nutrition Services employees start as on call substitutes and apply for permanent classified positions as they become open. New substitutes fill food service assistant positions in all Portland neighborhoods. Experienced food service applicants should inquire about the opportunity to receive "fast track" training to become school cafeteria leads.