Portland Public Schools envisions every student, every teacher, and every school succeeding. Growing minds need your support.
Build a career: No experience is required. Roving assistants learn from a variety of food service professionals and experience different kitchen set-ups and teams. Paid training and continued support from experienced leaders is provided.
- Work to help nourish and shape Portland’s future with Nutrition Services
- Feel the pride of creating and cooking high quality food in a fast paced kitchen
- Serve delicious food to students and staff with a smile
- Work days mirror student’s school schedule (2 to 5.5 hours/day, no nights or weekends, summer and holidays off)
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and other paid time off
- One meal at no charge per shift
- Discounted Tri-Met passes available
- Opportunity for advancement
- Represented by SEIU Local 503 Union
How to Apply
- Please submit applications online at careers.pps.net
- Applicants will be fingerprinted, pass criminal record check and obtain Multnomah County Food Handlers Certification
- Questions? Call (503) 916-3399
- A computer is available on the 2nd floor at the Blanchard Education Service Center located at 501 N. Dixon St. (near Broadway Bridge). Computer access is also available at Multnomah County Public Libraries.
We hire year round! Most Nutrition Services employees start as roving assistants, filling positions in all Portland neighborhoods, before working at a specific school location. If interested in a specific location or school, please make a note in the application.