Welcome to the FHS Counseling Department!
Our team includes six licensed school counselors, two school psychologists, our counseling secretaries, and our College and Career Coordinators. We use a collaborative approach, drawing upon the expertise and special interests of our counselors.
Our school counselors wear many hats:
- academic support and guidance
- crisis counseling and suicide assessment
- personal/emotional support and/or referrals
- referrals for mental health services
- forecasting and class scheduling
- Post-secondary planning
- college preparation, search, and application assistance
- referrals to alternative schools
- college admissions test information and registration assistance
- credit recovery, and night/summer school registration
- collaboration with support staff and participation in teams to support all students
- classroom guidance and grade-level presentations
Students' needs are counselors' first priority. We encourage students to connect with their counselors throughout high school so we can get to know one another and can best support students. Students can reach out to their counselor via email or in-person for questions, concerns, support, guidance, or to schedule an appointment.
Our Counseling Office walk-in hours for students are before school, during lunch, after school, or during tutorials. Walk-ins are best reserved for quick check-ins, questions, or to schedule an appointment where more one-on-one attention can be provided.
Students' counselors are assigned by the student's last name:
- Last names A - Com ---------- Javier Huerta (email@example.com x84356)
- Last names Con - Hal ---------- Maleka Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org x84375)
- Last names Ham – Log ---------- Krystal Toderick (email@example.com ext TBD)
- Last names Loh - O ---------- Quan Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org x84320)
- Last names P - Sn ---------- Tearale Triplett (email@example.com x84326)
- Last names So - Z ---------- Keixa Bridges (firstname.lastname@example.org x84310)
Administrative Assistant / Counseling: Sheila Dygert (x84353) email@example.com
Administrative Assistant / Registrar: Sorena Dibble (x84359) firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling office fax:
Our school psychologists provide educational testing and counseling to students, work intensively with our students who receive Special Education Services, and provide assessments and counseling to those students in crises.
Deborah Dombrowski (email@example.com x84361)
- Deborah came to school psychology after working as a photographer and a writer, with youth-at-risk. She has been a school psych at Franklin High School for four years, and worked in Beaverton and Sandy before that. Deborah sees adolescence as a time of unique possibility and enjoys helping students navigate both the academic and personal challenges that are a part of these years. She is especially interested in the discoveries coming out of neuroscience, explaining how our brains work, and how we affect one another. When Deborah's not at school she loves hanging out with her family, photographing, biking, and writing.
Megan Moyer (firstname.lastname@example.org x84355)
- Megan has been with PPS since 2009, worked for the Eugene School District for three years before joining PPS, and is Nationally Certified. As a school psychologist, degrees to support children and families range from birth to 21 years and Megan has experience of all ages. Megan came to Franklin HS after working with the Wilson HS team for eight years and has a passion for supporting students' and families’ visions and goals. Megan has a heart for persisting and creating opportunities for students to be their best selves. When not in school, Megan spends time with her family, loves being outdoors, learning new things.
College & Career Coordinators
Career Coordinator: Martin Rodriguez (email@example.com x84315)
College Coordinator: Regina Stanton (firstname.lastname@example.org (503) 310-6418)
School Social Worker
Jed McClean (email@example.com cell: 503-729-1626 / google voice 971-319-4087)