21st Century School Councils (Site Councils) are the groups of school staff and citizens who participate in the educational/instructional Improvement activities that are a part of the Oregon Educational Act for the 21st Century.
The purpose of a school Site Council is to increase student achievement. It is the School Board’s belief that when a group of people, who represent different parts of an educational community, come together to work in a collaborative manner to improve education, student achievement will increase.
Duties of the Site Council include:
- Improvement of the school’s instructional program
- Staff professional development
- Developing the school’s School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Fostering family involvement in the school
- Informing the community about the work of the Site Council .