Community Resource Intervention Process NEW!!!
The Community Resource Intervention Process is a resource for all Portland Public Schools teams, students and families. This resource is managed by staff in Student Supports and Special Education within Student Services.
This process seeks to help school teams resource, refer and collaborate with child serving agencies including but not limited to Child Welfare, Multnomah County MHAD, Developmental Disabilities, Morrison Child and Family Services among many other child serving agencies and community based agencies.
The goal of the Community Resource Intervention Process aims to reduce barriers for school teams, families and students in connecting with needed resources by breaking down the process into specific levels of intervention, the first being building based and immediate for school staff. CRT Intervention Process is:
- a tiered intervention process which allows and supports school based teams identify, refine and address community based needs of a student
- a process which can be especially helpful for student/families who utilize Oregon Health Plan services
- a process that seeks to assist in timely identification of district and community wide resources to better "wrap around" a student and family
- a process that seeks to reduce barriers to student success in and out of the classroom
- a process that through a tiered intervention lens, will empower school teams and reduce wait time for engaging in a guided discussion regarding resource referral and acquisition of services for students and families
Student Services is in the process of refining the first step in this process which is a self guided building based tool for school teams. Until it is complete and linked to this page and the Student Services site please email to receive the first step in this process.
Amy Ruona email@example.com
Peggy Van Duyne firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Hinton email@example.com