CHECKLIST FOR FRESHMAN YEAR
- All freshmen students are part of small learning communities called Freshman Academy. Click here to learn more.
- Don’t be afraid to contact your student’s teachers directly. Click here for the list of faculty. Check teacher websites for individual class information.
- Check the Weekly Bulletin to learn about happenings at CHS.
- Consider volunteering! Volunteers are still greatly needed even at the High School level. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities.
- Encourage your student to get involved in school activities (music, drama, clubs, athletics, student government, etc.)
- Registration (class schedule, textbooks, photo id, locker assignment, P.E. uniforms, etc.). Freshman parents encouraged to attend with their student.
NOTE: school supplies lists will be discussed on the first day of school for each class. No need to purchase supplies ahead of time.
- Back to School Night is an evening for parents to meet their student’s teachers; students are welcome to attend. All Freshman Academy staff will be present.
- Attend Freshman Academy meeting for parents. Each Academy schedules its own meeting time.
- Effective Fall 2016: All freshmen students will take a semester of Health 1 and a semester of a new district requirement, College & Career Exploration.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences take place in the cafeteria. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend. Students are welcome.
- First quarter Report Cards sent home. These grades are not recorded on transcript.
- FINAL EXAMS: 1st semester grades sent home. These grades are recorded on transcript, and determine GPA and class rank. To learn more about the CHS Grading System, click here.
- Forecasting for Sophomore year. For those considering full or partial IB, make sure your student is on track for pre-IB appropriate courses. Click here to see IB 4-Year planning.
- Third quarter report cards sent home. These grades are not recorded on transcript.
- FINAL EXAMS: 2nd semester grades sent home. These grades are recorded on transcript, and determine GPA and class rank. To learn more about the CHS Grading System, click here.