Changing the lives of young men and women of color by providing culturally specific services to develop positive self-identity, restore relationships, prepare for and secure employment, become positive members of society, establish relationships with other community resources/providers and develop leadership skills by mentoring others.
The I Am Academy Methodology is about Relationship-based mentoring
- The proposed programing consist of a series of weekly workshops
- Use of guest speakers to promote successful navigation of the issues and challenges faced by low income , urban youth of color
- Use of video material to re-enforce positive, socially relevant messages as a means to motivate participants to achieve.
- Quarterly exposure to local colleges and their respective entrance requirements.
- Job readiness / Summer employment
The I AM Academy Format
- Breakfast Club :pre-school work sessions designed to create a positive school start to the day (Wednesdays)
- Lunch Study Hall: 45 minute work session to complete assigned homework during school hours.
- Weekly Individualized Counseling/Strategic Planning sessions to monitor participants weekly direction and commitment
- Monthly Literacy Program awards ceremony for participating families.
Applications are available in the main office. TIAA (The I Am Academy) starts October 17th.
Contact Herman Greene
Emal : email@example.com