Franklin High School
November 11th – November 15th
- Monday November 11: NO SCHOOL - Veteran’s Day
- Tuesday, November 12: A-Day
- Wednesday, November 13: B-Day
- Thursday, November 14: A-Day
- Friday, November 15: B-Day
Calendar (find a more comprehensive calendar on our website)
- November 11: NO SCHOOL - Veteran’s Day
- November 14, 6:00pm: Grad Night Party Meeting
- November 13, 5:30 - 8:30: College 101 bilingual workshop
- November 14, 7:00: PTSA General Meeting
- November 21, 7:00pm: FAST StorySLAM
- November 25, 26: Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 27, 28, 29: NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- December 4th 6:00pm - 8:00pm: Discover Franklin
This week’s STRONG Recognition: Nathan Beall: Grade 12 Recognized by: The Security (CSA)Team Nathan will receive credit at the FHS Student Store!
Franklin High School Theater Presents The Addams Family: The macabre Addams family is put to the test when outsiders come to dinner, hurling Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester, Grandmama and Lurch headlong into a night that will change the family forever. November 14, 15, 16 at 7pm and November 10 at 2pm. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for students. Purchase tickets online or at the door.
Come travel to Mexico, June 2021, adventures in the Yucatan await you and your friends! We will be visiting Mayan temples, historical sites, discovering the rich culture and nature, plus lots of new experiences and fun. Stop by Mrs. Whisnand’s room G-017 for more details and come to a parent info meeting Wed, Nov 13th at 6 pm in room G-017. Visit www.exploricia.com/Whisnand-5414 for more details.
HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA, FAFSA FAFSA FAFSA! Do you have questions about your FAFSA or ORSAA? Do you need help submitting it? We have two help sessions coming up over the next few weeks:
- Thursday, November 21st 11:30am-1:00pm, in the College/Career Center – Students, get answers to our questions or get help filling out your FAFSA/ORSAA
- Tuesday, November 26th 5:00pm-6:30pm, location TBD – Students & Parents, meet with our FAFSA experts to ask questions and get help with your FAFSA/ORSAA
Students, whenever possible, we encourage you to create your FSA ID prior to coming to one of the help sessions. Create your FSA ID here
If you’re interested in Portland Community College, attend an information session on Tuesday, November 26th at 5:00pm to learn more about their educational programs, career pathways, scholarships, and other opportunities. Location and other details to follow!
FAST StorySLAM Workshops Nov 18-21 (registration due Nov 6): Led by drama teacher Josh Forsythe and librarian Sandra Childs in BlackBox. Must register to participate in the 2019-20 FAST StorySLAM, win cash, and a chance to compete at PPS Truth Be Told Slam. Download workshop registration or get form in library. Free! Details, Dates, resources on FHS Toolbox.
FAST StorySLAM Nov 21 7-8:30pm: Hear our 8 storytelling finalists compete in our StorySLAM for cash and a slot at #TruthBeTold. ALL STUDENTS are welcome to attend. FREE.
Portland Book Festival 2019 Drop-In Prose Writing for High School Youth Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. Kinney Classroom, Portland Art Museum FREE (youth must pick up their free festival pass in advance in order to attend) Instructor: Matt Smith Limited to 15 students at a time.
What a great Saturday to be from Franklin High School.
The Girls Cross Country Team got the day started by putting Sophomore Kaiya Robertson (7th) and Junior Autumn Ost (8th) on the podium and finished 7th in the state.
Shortly after the boys won the 2019 State Cross Country Meet Aidan Palmer winning the state title and Charlie Robertson finishing second.
The Franklin Boys Soccer Team beat Grant Saturday Night 1-0 at Strasser Park and will continue the journey with a Tuesday Night Match with Cleveland High School at 7pm. Pretty exciting time for these Franklin Athletes and let’s turnout at Cleveland wearing your MAROON GEAR to help beat our arch rival.