SAVE THE DATE: Friday, September 6th! Franklin Athletic Boosters and The FHS Alumni Association, in partnership with the PTSA, will co-host a tailgate immediately preceding the Franklin vs. Cleveland football game. Like the Franklin Athletic Boosters on Facebook for more details over the summer.
Adirondack chairs for sale: As part of a final project, the intermediate woods class is building VERY sturdily built Adirondack chairs. Capable of holding 3 football players, they are made from a combination of Juniper and Cedar, both of which weather nicely in the elements. There are some “natural features” such as live edge, bark and knots but these will not in any way compromise the structural integrity of the chair. Selling price is $95.00. The floor model will be on display in front of the woodshop door facing west on Taggart Street. Want one? Email woods instructor Mr. Silvernail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choral and Instrumental Music Camp: The Franklin High School Music Department is proud to announce our 1st annual 3-day Franklin SOUND Choral and Instrumental Music Camp! The camp is open to all 6th, 7th, 8th graders in the Franklin area and incoming freshman to Franklin. The camp opens on Monday, August 19th and will run through Wednesday August 21st with a closing performance and lunch reception. The camp will take place in the Franklin Performing Arts building from 9am-1pm each day.
When: August 19-21, 2019. Camp Registration Fee: $25
FHS Leap into 9th Grade Summer Program Camp: FHS is offering an “Agile Minds” summer program designed for student leaders who will be 9th graders next year. Please read the following information and get ready to build your own high school success story!
- Program Dates: June 24th - July 19th
- Program Time: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm (Monday through Friday)
- Program Location: Franklin High School (5405 SE Woodward St, Portland, OR)
- Free Breakfast: 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Free Lunch: 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
All Classes are full.
Multnomah County Summer Reading: Students can sign up/track reading online HERE starting June 14, or pick up a game card from MCL or Franklin Library. Students can play to earn prizes at MCL and then show us proof of playing when we return for 2019-20 school year and get a treat from us and be entered to win a prize.
FHS Dragon Boat Team success at Rose Festival: The FHS dragon boat team raced two boats in the annual Rose Festival Dragon Boat races. Their team “Red” won the junior championship, with their team “Black” coming in second. The Red team also came in 4th overall out of more than 40 mixed teams competing. Find out more about the team at: http://zamboangapaddlingclub.com/youth-program/.
FHS moving to online sports registration: Franklin is moving to an online registration by sport season. We hope to have it up and running by Friday June 21, 2019. You will still need to turn in a hard copy of the physical form to the athletic office and pay all fees with the bookkeeper. Please look for information about online Family ID to register on pilathletics.com on the Franklin Website or the big maroon F. For information on programs and coaches contact information please visit pilathletics.com.
Eligibility Rules for Athletics for 10th, 11th and 12th graders: OSAAhttp://www.osaa.org/governance/handbooks/osaa Rule 8.1.1
- Must have been enrolled and passing 5 courses at the end of the previous semester.
- Student can make up one full credit toward eligibility over the summer toward eligibility.
- Minimum Satisfactory Progress Requirements http://www.osaa.org/governance/handbooks/osaaRule1.2
- Sophomore Year 4.5 total credits
- Junior Year 10 total credits
- Senior Year 17 total credits
PIL Athletic Eligibility Rules
- OSAA Rules Above
- Your GPA for last quarter was lower than 2.5 with an F you will be on academic probation
- Your GPA for last quarter was lower than 2.0 with a D you will be on academic probation.
- A student/athlete will be ineligible to compete but can still practice if on academic probation two consecutive quarters.
We run general items in the Bulletin for 3 weeks unless there is a good reason to run them longer. To submit an item email: email@example.com by 4pm Thursday. Find past issues of the Bulletin on the FHS PTSA website.
THERE'S A LOT GOING ON AT FHS ~ MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE AND OUR SCHOOL AND PTSA FACEBOOK PAGES FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION: