Welcome to Marysville SUN School
- What is SUN? SUN stands for Schools Uniting Neighborhoods. A SUN Community School is a place and support hub where schools and communities work together to support the success of children and families by providing a comprehensive array of services. Impact NW is Marysville SUN’s parent agency. Your full-time SUN Site Manager at Marysville is Audrey Rozell.
- Are you interested in free after school and summer enrichment/academic classes? After school and summer programing is offered to 1st-8th graders throughout the school year in 8 week increments and 4 weeks during the summer. Limited kindergarten space is available on Fridays during the school year.
Fall: September 30-November 22
Winter: January 6- February 28
Spring: March 30- May 22
Classes ranging from drama, art, music, computers, reading and games are offered Monday through Thursday from 3-5:25. Students receive a hot meal, recess, homework help and a grade appropriate class of their choice. Most students receive 1-2 days of classes/ per week. Friday kindergarten classes run from 3:00-4:00. SUN after school program is FREE and open to all Marysville students. Donations are gladly accepted.
- Would you like to connect with other parents/families and perhaps become more involved in our school? SUN helps facilitate family engagement opportunities during the day and in the evenings. Learn how to help support our school through Family Club (our version of a PTA), become more aware and connected to the mindfulness practices used at Marysville by attending Mindful Morning meetings once a month on Fridays, bring a little sibling to Marysville Cubs on Thursday mornings after drop off in the cafeteria and enjoy a playdate with other young children and their parents, or provide feedback and enjoy cultural exchange at our Affinity Cross Cultural Affinity Family meetings.
Evening events in past years have included: Back to School Ice Cream Social, Annual Art Show, and Game Night.
- Do you needs extra resources or help navigating the social service resource network? We provide assistance including: clothing resources, assistance with energy bills, Friday Food Backpacks to provide weekend food security, and support during the holidays.
- If you have any questions, comments, ideas, please feel free to contact your SUN Site Manager: Audrey Rozell, Room 150, 503-544-3380 (message or text), or firstname.lastname@example.org