Student Parking at Wilson
Student Parking for the 2018/19 School Year
2018-19 student parking permits will be available for purchase beginning May 30, 2018. All students who have a driver's license and proof of insurance may purchase a permit. Note that a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space: it allows a student to park in the lot when a legal space is available. Permits are required to park at Wilson or in the Rieke parking lot. Student parking spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To apply for a parking permit, students may bring a completed parking permit application, proof of license and insurance, and $25 to the bookkeeper's office during a time when they are not in class.
Parking at Wilson is limited so please consider carpooling, public transportation or other modes of transportation.
PARKING IS ON A FIRST COME/FIRST SERVED BASIS as space is available.
A PARKING PERMIT DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PARKING SPACE: IT ALLOWS A STUDENT TO PARK IN THE LOT WHEN A LEGAL SPACE IS AVAILABLE.
Automobile and Parking Regulations:
- Students must have purchased a parking permit to park in the Wilson or Rieke parking lots during school hours.
- The speed limit in the parking lot is not to exceed 10 mph.
- Parking permits are not to be shared or transferred. If you engage in sharing or transferring parking permit, you will forfeit your permit.
- Students will be ticketed and an orange sticker placed on their vehicle if they are parked in staff parking. DO NOT PARK IN STAFF PARKING SPACES, designated by yellow numbers; student spots have white numbers.
- Wilson issues parking citations for all parking violations. Those violations include parking in staff spaces, in no parking zones or in fire lanes or parking in spaces designated for handicap. These fines are payable to the bookkeeper. Any subsequent violation will result in forfeiture of the parking permit and is subject to tow at the owner’s expense. Any car parking in the Wilson parking lot without a valid parking permit is subject to tow at the owner’s expense or subject to a tire boot on the driver’s wheel.
- Driving underclassmen off campus during the school day will result in forfeiture of the parking permit.
- Any car parked in the Wilson or Rieke parking lot without a valid parking permit is subject to tow at the owner’s expense.
Passes will be issued at Registration. Violations will be ticketed once school starts.
NOTE: The Portland Police Department does patrol the lot and surrounding streets. They also will issue citations and/or tow cars that are illegally parked.
Email Erica Meyers with any questions.