Duniway Diversity and Inclusion Committee (DDIC)
DDIC’s mission is to foster a diverse and inclusive school climate for all Duniway families, and to celebrate our school’s multicultural, racial, LGBTQ, gender, differing abilities, religious and economic diversity.
We welcome Duniway parents to our parent-led Diversity and Inclusion Committee forum on Facebook. This group was created by DDIC. We will nolonger meet as a committee but invite you to join our facebook page, a safe and supportive space to connect with other parents about diversity related topics. You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/duniwaydi/
The Duniway Diversity and Inclusion Committee's mission is to foster a diverse and inclusive school climate for all Duniway families, and to celebrate our school's multicultural, racial, LGBTQ, gender, differing abilities, religious and economic diversity.
DDIC recently launched a new Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/duniwaydi/. What a great way for parents to connect more on diversity related topics. It's a virtual resource for our community to share diversity and inclusion-related links, children's book recommendations or a really cool, family event around town that celebrates diversity!
You do not have to be a member of the DDIC to join our Facebook group. We welcome all Duniway parents, caregivers and allies who are supportive of our mission. Spread the word, check it out and post away!
For questions or comments please contact Sally Lee, DDIC Chair at: email@example.com or drop me a note in the Diversity box in the office.
- Be a resource and support network for diverse families;
- Have respectful discussions around diversity to create awareness;
- Support and collaborate with Duniway Equity Team, comprised of teacher members;
- Cultivate projects to heighten the visibility of diversity around the school;
- Engage students and families in community service projects;
- Celebrate holiday and international traditions involving diversity;
- Develop diversity curriculum and trainings for students and faculty, such as classroom reading projects.
Committee Members: Sally Lee, Diane Sykes, Shari Gregory, Stefania Toscano, Jamien Lecky, Wendy Warren, Ilka Bailey, Joanne Chow and Nina Levine.
For More Information, contact Chair Sally Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org