Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to my site. Click on the links to the left of the page to visit your specific class.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My 2019-20 class schedule:
Period Class Room
Period 1 Planning 123
Period 2 IB Biology SL 1-2 123
Period 3 IB Biology SL 1-2 123
Period 4 IB Biology SL 1-2 123
Period 5 Planning 123
Period 6 IB Biology SL 3-4 123
Period 7 IB Biology SL 3-4 123
Period 8 Academic Center 123
A variety of support is available to students in my classes.
1. All students are required to keep an up to date point sheet showing a current grade. Therefore, students and parents will always know how a student's progress in my class.
2. I utilize Synergy and post graded assignments and tests at least twice a quarter. If an assignment is listed, but no score given for a student, I have not entered grades yet. A zero indicates the assignment is past due. I generally accept late work up to the day of the unit test on that material.
3. I am available everyday we have flex to help students. I encourage students to complete homework, especially problem solving, in flex. If they run into a problem, I will be there to help them. I may also require a student who is not succeeding in class to attend flex to work on science. Students who are absent from class should plan on spending a flex period with me to make up what they missed.
4. IB students may be able to do limited and timed test corrections, depending on the type of test. Students will be able to use their notes, assignments, and textbook for corrections and should come prepared. Students must be in class the day of the test to take advantage of this opportunity.
5. Cornell Note-taking is strongly recommended. After taking notes in class, students should be reading over them and creating questions for the material. They write these on the left side of the page. This encourages students to interact with their notes a second time, can help them to see areas where they need more explanation, and makes a great study tool for tests. They should also be writing a brief (2-3 sentences) summary at the end of each note-taking session.
6. Extra credit is available to students who have no more than one missing assignment in a quarter. Extra credit can raise a student's quarter grade no more than 5%. Please see individual class pages for a detailed description of types of extra credit opportunities.