Shadow Day Information 2019-2020
Para informacion en espanol, Haga clic aqui
Benson Shadow Days are
Wednesday November 13th, 2019, 8:00 - 11:00 AM and
Friday November 15th, 2019, 8:00 - 11:00 AM
Benson Polytechnic High School
546 NE 12th Avenue
Portland, OR 97232
Shadow Days provides Portland Public School 8th grade students the opportunity to explore and experience Career Technical Education programs and classes at Benson Polytechnic H.S. This is your chance to see if Benson is the right school choice for you.
Please complete the appropriate field trip form and return to your field trip coordinator or the main office at your school. Remember that you and your parents are responsible for getting yourself to Benson by 8:00 am. You will be directed to the Auditorium by student escorts who will be waiting for you at main entrance to the school.
Remember to check-in and sign in once you arrive in the auditorium.
While at Benson, you will be assigned to a cohort group to visit the three Career Tech Academy options (ex. Health Occupations, Industry & Engineering, or Communications).
- You will meet students, teachers, and see students working on projects in shop classes.
- You may be actively involved in some projects, depending on the shop class and safety rules.
- You will be able get answers to any questions you might have about the career technical education majors available at Benson (ex., Nursing & Dental; Automotive; Construction; Electric; Radio Broadcasting; Photography, Video, & Web Design; Manufacturing, Health Occupations, Computer Science)
Buses will be departing Benson no later than 11:10 AM to take you back to your school (if it is on the list).
If you plan to return to your P.P.S middle school by riding a P.P.S school bus The field trip form covers the following:
- It provides you with an excused absence from your middle school for the morning.
- It officially registers you for Shadow Day once your middle school staff notifies Benson.
- It allows you to have bus transportation from Benson back to your middle school (schools listed below).
Wednesday November 13th, Middle Schools, 8:00-11:00am
Arleta, Astor, Cesar Chavez, Creston, DaVinci MS, Faubion, George MS, Jackson MS, Laurelhurst, Lent, Marysville, Mt. Tabor MS, Ockley Green MS, Sellwood MS, Sunnyside, Vernon
Friday November 15th, Middle Schools, 8:00-11:00am
Beaumont MS, Beverly Cleary, Bridger, Creative Science, Odyssey/East Sylvan, Harriet Tubman MS, Harrison Park, Hosford MS, Lane MS/Access, MLC, Roseway Heights MS, Skyline, West Sylvan MS, Winterhaven.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE BUS SPACE FOR ANY STUDENTS THAT SHOW UP WITHOUT PRIOR REGISTRATION
For all other 8th grade students (ex., Private schools, non-PPS middle schools not listed above):
A family member is responsible for providing your transportation from Benson to your middle school. Complete the following steps to enroll for Shadow Day:
- Complete a pre-arranged absence with your school.
- Call (503-916-5100 ext. 77102) or e-mail Roi San Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your child for Shadow Day
- Have your student bring their school ID to Benson along with a signed written permission note by a parent or guardian to attend the Shadow Day.
If you have questions, or if you do not see your school listed, please call (503-916-5100 ext. 77102) or e-mail Roi San Anderson at email@example.com