Community Action Project 2022
Eighth-grade students have selected their topics for the CAP 2022! Although their plans may change slightly after they meet with mentors, the topics listed here are the various subjects that are of interest to our 8th grade class at Skyline. We look forward to supporting their work as they investigate, research, and plan action in the following months.
A showcase of the CAP will be presented in late spring (date TBD).
- The Oregon Food Bank
- Fitness - Using Proper Form; Proper Nutrition for Athletes
- Addressing Climate Change and Global Warming
- Dentistry for Underserved Communities
- Family Recipes / Cookbooks
- The Cold War and How It Affects Us Today
- Endangered Species
- Helping Skyline Become a Green School Again
- Year-End Celebration Planning - The Beginning of a Tradition
- Portland Rescue Mission
- How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Animal Shelters
- Work with the Library
Skyline K-8 is an IB World School and part of a world-wide conglomeration of schools dedicated to the IB's principles of teaching and learning. It is one of three PPS schools offering the PYP (Primary Years Program) for grades K-5 and one of two PPS schools offering the MYP (Middle Years Program). The attached PDF introduces the IB Program and is also available as a PDF.