Welcome to Kindergarten at Glencoe Elementary School!
We have two Connect To Kindergarten events each winter/spring to welcome new families to our school. The first is in February, it is directed for parents to learn about the academics and social developement in the kindergarten classroom. We do not offer childcare for this event. The second event is held in May and is for the child to spend time in a kinder classroom while the parent fills out a survey about their child in a separate classroom.
2020 Connect To Kindergarten Events
- Wednesday, February 5th at 6:00PM Parents Only
- Wednesday, May 13th at 3:00PM Parents and Students
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
Please provide the following pieces of information to complete the registration process for your child:
- Completed School Registration Form- available at the school or online at the Portland Public School website http://www.pps.net
- Immunization Records - Please transfer your records to the form enclosed, and sign and date it before turning it in.
- Birth Certificate or Passport- for birthdate verification.
- Proof of Address-Two Documents- Examples include utility bill, cell phone bill, rental agreement, bank statement insurance statement, or mortgage closing papers. All must be recent and have the parent or guardian’s name listed.
- Vision & Dental Screening Form- For any child age 7 or younger.