Cesar Chavez is proud to be participating in the TechSmart K-3 Grade Reading Grant Project (TS3R Project). This participation comes with the addition of approximately 14-15 laptop/tablet hybrids per K-3 classroom, as well as a structured schedule of ongoing collaboration and professional development for our teachers centered around best practices and the use of technology in the classroom. All students in grades K-8 will have access to the online learning platforms. Overall, the TechSmart Initiative provides PPS with a tremendous opportunity to launch a well-supported pilot that will evaluate and implement effective, culturally-relevant blended learning models of instruction for our K-3 classrooms.
Through the pilot and evaluation process, blended learning models identified as highly effective will be adopted and scaled across all PPS K-3 classrooms. We are proud to be part of the guiding team to implement, evaluate, and refine PPS best practices when it comes to improving 3rd grade reading outcomes, especially in a racial equity lens.
What we are getting (resources to transform teaching and learning)
- On-going training with convertible Chromebooks, K-3 classroom blogs and Symbaloo webmixes
- Structures and routines for using our new tech carts, 14 new devices, and headphones
- A new student management system for greatest efficiency
- Access to thousands of leveled authentic digital books for independent reading during workshop
- A supplemental reading and math foundations program
- On-going, embedded coaching
- And much more...
MyON: Online library of thousands and thousands of digital books with student recommendations based on their interests, reading level, and ratings of books they've read. Check out the video here to get started: https://portlandtechsmart.weebly.com/about.html
*Please note that you will need your student's google account log in to access certain websites
- If you need help with logging on to MyON at home, please contact our TechSmart Coordinator, Angie Harris: email@example.com
The purpose of the TechSmart Reading Grant Project (TS3R Project) is to identify and evaluate blended learning models that provide culturally and linguistically relevant personalized instruction that improve 3rd grade reading outcomes, while closing the achievement gap for historically underserved students.
For any additional information on TechSmart at Cesar Chavez, please contact our TechSmart Coordinator, Angie Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org