Wilson Students and Families: Interested in going on an 11-day tour to Japan during spring break of 2020?
This 11-day tour will cover many places of interest including Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. College credit available. Teachers Jamie Suehiro and Ellen Whatmore are the group leaders for this trip. Parent participants are also welcome.
Sign up by October 31 for the best price. We are looking forward to traveling to Japan, but we are also excited about all of the fun leading up to our trip in March 2020! Here's what you can look forward to after joining the tour:
- Meet the Travelers Lunch, Saturday, November 17 at Sushi Ki-ichi 12:00pm
- Meet the Travelers Field Trip to Portland Japanese Garden, Spring 2019, date TBA
- Fundraising as a group to offset the cost of gratuities and the fee for college credit
- Mrs. Whatmore will be advising the future Japanese Language and Culture Club in 2019/20 where students can learn basic conversational/travel Japanese, cultural norms and expectations in Japan, Japanese history, geography and art and regional cuisine.
- Get advising and help for the potential college course that coincides with the trip from Ms. Suehiro and Mrs. Whatmore
If you missed the informational meeting on October 9, check out the links below:
Screencastify video and PPT from 10/9 meeting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRQSdcWVTyGVomzMghJo8dW_Ks_Xv188/view
Insurance coverage: www.eftours.com/coverage
Earn high school or college credit: www.eftours.com/credit
Please reach out to Jamie Suehiro and Ellen Whatmore at email@example.com with any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a non-school sponsored event. Portland Public Schools (PPS) does not fund, sponsor, or endorse this travel study program. The district is not responsible for conducting or supervising this trip. Students or parents participating in the travel study programs do so at their own risk. In the event of any dispute related to this event, the district (PPS) shall not be held liable. In the event of any dispute related to this event, the group leaders (Jamie Suehiro and Ellen Whatmore) shall not be held liable. Any fees incurred by the traveler while on the trip (hotel phone bills, etc.) are the responsibility of the traveler/the traveler’s family.