PPS Summer 2020
PPS teams are creating additional learning opportunities for all students and families throughout June and July. Students and families will continue to have access to online learning modules featuring activities in language arts, math, and other enrichment areas. The PPS Learning Modules can be found on the Student Portal at pps.net/student. In addition, our Humanities department is hosting a Summer Literacy Challenge where students in grades K-8 can participate in weekly learning challenges for the chance to receive books, gift cards, and passes to local attractions like OMSI. More information about participating can be found at https://www.pps.net/Page/15500.
- Students may also continue to access their Google classrooms and Seesaw accounts through August 9, 2020
- PPS PAT Teachers are on summer break so will not be monitoring those accounts/responding to posts
- Lexia Core5 and Dreambox Math are scheduled to be available to students through July 31, 2020
- Link to slides for accessing PPS tools and apps: Clever and PPS Apps On Mobile Devices
- PPS list of other Digital eLearning Resources
Review of the June 10th publication of Ready Schools, Safe Learners Guidance for 2020-2021 from the Oregon Department of Education is ongoing. ODE has generated this ODE Survey for public feedback, suggestions, and inquiry. PPS district teams are working to interpret the guidance and develop plans for the 2020-21 school-year that will inform individual school planning. PPS encourages all families to offer their perspective to support these planning efforts through this PPS Survey survey sent out to parent/guardians via email from PPS Communicarions on June 18th. If you haven't already, please consider providing your input to the district as soon as possible so that plans may be better informed by community feedback. For ongoing district updates, be sure to read your email and/or visit the District News page.