SUN SUMMER UPDATES:
Hello Grout Families,
Thank you all for a successful SUN School year. Just a reminder our last SUN School Day was yesterday May 26th. There will be no more SUN for the remaining days of the school year.
As summer is fast approaching SUN wants to share some opportunities through our programs and other community partners. Grout SUN is currently prioritizing PPS’s summer accelerated academy families, but I am hope you can find helpful resources below.
- Summer Acceleration Students:
If you are a parent of a student who has been accepted to the Grout Summer Acceleration Program, please reach out to SUN Coordinator Chelsea Kimura by email: Chelsea.email@example.com or call the school to double check your enrollment in the summer program.
- Summer Full Day Camps:
- Grout SUN is providing some spaces for full day camps here at Grout Elementary. For more information, please email the SUN Coordinator Chelsea Kimura at Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, spaces are limited.
- Mt. Tabor and Arleta SUN Schools are having full day youth camps are their sites. Please follow this link Portland Parks & Recreation (activecommunities.com)
- Mt. Scott Community Center has a lot of various activities through their facility.
- Community Partners
- McDaniel High School is providing a FREE girls basketball camp. Monday July 18th – Thursday July 21st. Grades 1st-5th are from 5:30-6:30pm; Grades 6th-8th are from 6:30-7:30pm. Please contact Daphne Kawamoto (email@example.com) for more information.
- CLEVELAND WARRIORS YOUTH FOOTBALL CAMP: Warrior Football Camp at the Cleveland Stadium on 8/5 6:00-8:00 pm and 8/6 9:30-11:30 am. No pads- just t-shirt, shorts and cleats. Register at the field. Camp is free to registered youth football athletes. For more information, please contact Tess Symonds firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your patience.