The mission of Wilson Foundation is to reduce class sizes by adding teachers and increasing elective choices for every student. Now more than ever, Wilson needs your support.
There are many ways you can show your support:
- Donate directly to the foundation at The Fund for Portland Public Schools. Click on donate and follow the prompts. Be sure to designate Wilson in the drop down box. You can make a one-time donation or choose to spread out your giving by making a recurring monthly donation. Many local employers offer matching programs that could double your contribution.
- Join Wilson Foundation through SchoolPay. This year we have created a way to become a member of Wilson Foundation through SchoolPay. After logging in, click on non-profit groups on the left. You can sign up for all three WHS groups (Foundation, PTA and Boosters) together or become a member of any group individually.
- Become a board member of Wilson Foundation! We are looking for new members, especially parents with Freshman and Sophomore students. While this is important work, it is not a big commitment. We would love to have a Communications Chair, Grant Specialist, and a Community Liaison.
- Attend a Wilson Foundation meeting. At our meetings, community members can learn more about the role of the Foundation at Wilson, learn about Wilson’s staffing needs, and add your input about how resources are allocated. ** See meeting information below!
In past “normal” years, Wilson Foundation has hosted community fundraising events, including October House Parties and a spring All School Auction. With the social distancing restraints in place at this time, these fun and community building social events have been put on “pause”. Wilson Foundation’s mission remains the same - to support Wilson’s educational community and raise funds for FTE needs. Please consider what you would potentially have contributed at a house party or a paddle raise and click on the donation link above.
For more information about the Wilson Foundation, please contact Brad Nelson or Kathy Lommen.
Brad Nelson, Foundation Chair
Kathy Lommen, Foundation Treasurer Kathy_lommen@yahoo.comWilson Foundation - What’s Happening!Next Foundation Community Meeting: Monday, December 9th at the WHS library following the Booster Meeting.We will present details and feedback on the 2019 House Parties, our monthly financials for Fund for PPS, additions to the Foundation Board and plans for future fundraising events.—————————Save the DATE! The 2020 Wilson All Community Auction will be held on Saturday, May 2nd!-------------------Wilson Foundation House Parties 2019!Thank you to our generous hosts for bringing our community together on October 19th for a great evening of food, fun and fundraising to support staffing at Wilson! Also, thank you to our supportive staff members who came out to join in the fun. This years event raised in excess of $25,000 among the 4 parties and online donations! Didn’t get a chance to attend? Prefer to support Wilson on a monthly basis?Just go to: https://www.aplos.com/aws/give/TheFundforPortlandPublicSchools/donate and designate your donation for Wilson HS. Many local employers offer matching programs that could double your contribution, check with yours.Special thanks to:The Lommen / Fox FamiliesThe Blauer / Dorfman / Glass / Litwin & Malka FamiliesThe Ellis / Oxley FamiliesThe Christiansen / Forbes FamiliesPrincipal Filip Hristic & Wilson Staff AttendeesNext years house parties promise to be bigger and better - and Foundation would like to include at least one event at a public venue that anyone can stop in at. If you are interested in being the Foundation House Party Coordinator, please contact Deb Cox!
Support Wilson Foundation, Host or Attend a Party!
October 19 is the date of this year’s annual Foundation House Party fundraiser. Everyone is invited, so save the date and watch your inbox for the details.
With your support, Foundation adds teachers, reducing class sizes and increasing elective choices for every student. There are many ways to contribute:
· Host a House Party, or find a few friends to co-host with you. Hosting a party is a fun and easy. You get to decide who to invite and what to serve! We already have a couple great parties lined up for 2019, but more would be outstanding.
· Support a House Party. Do you have connections to food or beverage donations that party hosts could use? We would love to hook up the generous party hosts with any donations if that is how you can help out.
· Donate directly to Foundation at https://www.aplos.com/aws/give/TheFundforPortlandPublicSchools/donate. Designate your donation for Wilson when you donate. You can make a one-time donation or spread out your giving by making a recurring monthly donation. Many local employers offer matching programs that could double your contribution, check with yours.
· Join the Foundation Board! We are looking for new members, especially parents with freshmen and sophomores. While this is important work, it is not a big commitment.
For more information about hosting or supporting a house party or joining the Foundation Board, contact Deb Cox at email@example.com
Monday, January 28
9120 SW Hall Blvd. Suite D, Beaverton
Print the flyer, show it on your phone or just say you are there to support Wilson. 33% of proceeds support Wilson Foundation!
Mark your calendar for the 7th Annual Wilson Foundation House Party Extravaganza: Saturday, October 27, 2018
What are the House Parties? On October 20th, there will be numerous parties hosted by Wilson families to raise money for the Foundation while having fun. How can you be involved?
Host a House Party, or better yet, find a few friends to co-host with you. Hosting a party is fun and easy. You are welcome to make it your own: You can have a theme or not. You can serve whatever food and beverages you want. You decide on the guest list! We would really love to have 2-4 parties hosted by parents of freshmen.
Attend a House Party! EVERYONE is invited. All we ask is that you have a great time and make a donation to the Foundation, BIG or small. Everything is appreciated.
Support a House Party! Do you have connections to food or beverage donations that party hosts could use? We would love to hook up the generous party hosts with any donations if that is how you can show your support.
We are also looking for parents to join the Foundation Committee! We are looking for new members, especially parents with freshmen and sophomores. We are specifically looking for volunteers to help with the auction (co-chairs!) and to help with business outreach for sponsorships.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a party or being on the Foundation Committee. Thank you!
June 12, 2017
Thank You for Your Generosity in Supporting the Wilson Foundation
During the 2016-2017 school year, our community donated about $96,000 to fund staff positions! This money came from the house parties in the fall ($27,000), the paddle raise at the auction ($43,000) and online donations after the auction ($26,000). We also had some generous donors offer matching gifts to encourage contributions which were very helpful in reaching these results. This is a powerful statement of support for our students and teachers, and it is indicative of the value our community puts on smaller class sizes and diversity of elective choices. Your generosity is appreciated, and it will have a positive impact in the 2017-2018 school year when our school will experience fewer staff reductions than anticipated. Thank you so much! And mark your calendar for the next Annual House Party Extravaganza on Saturday, October 21, 2017!
Your Donations to Wilson Foundation Add Teachers to Wilson
Wilson Foundation raises money for additional teachers at Wilson, reducing class sizes and increasing elective choices for every Wilson student. Every dollar counts towards enhancing the educational experience for students. Although school funding has improved slightly and the economy is in recovery, Oregon is still behind the curve in funding a quality education for our children. Do you value a breadth of elective offerings and reasonable class sizes? Do you value a strong high school in our community that engages students and prepares them to be successful after graduation? Then please make a contribution to the Wilson Foundation. We rely on our community to bridge the gap between adequate and excellent.
Questions? Email us!
Local Employers with Matching Programs
Check with your employer. Many local companies offer matching programs that could double your contribution.
Grand & Benedicts
Hoffman Construction Company
Oregon Mutual Insurance
Weiden & Kennedy
How to Contribute
Establish a recurring monthly donation at the All Hands Raised website. Donate a little every month and your donation will add up to a lot of support for Foundation! In the "Select Recipient" drop-down menu, scroll to the bottom and select "Wilson HS."
Use a credit card to donate online at the All Hands Raised website. In the "Select Recipient" drop-down menu, scroll to the bottom and select "Wilson HS."
Send a check to Wilson Foundation, 1151 SW Vermont St., Portland 97219.
Get more bang for your buck: many companies will match their employees' charitable contributions. Some even offer payroll deduction contributions. Check with your HR department to find out if your employer offers this benefit.
Your donations to Wilson Foundation are tax-deductible.
All Hands Raised Equity Fund
Your donations support Wilson, but they also help raise the level of education in high-needs schools across Portland. One-third of the funds raised (after the first $10,000) at local school foundations, such as the Wilson Foundation, is dedicated to the district-wide equity fund disbursed according to a data-driven formula to schools around the district. In past years, Wilson has received grants from the Equity Fund. Your donations support Wilson while at the same time raising the level of education in high-needs schools across the city.
Nike Employee Match
The Wilson Foundation is now available as a matching fund project for Nike employees. This means dollars you donate will be matched, doubling your gift. To donate, simply search Nike's Give Your Best site for the word Wilson and the foundation should be one of your choices. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Tips on Nike's Employee Match Program:
* The Give Your Best portal is the website that Nike employees use to make donations and receive corresponding matching funds from Nike Inc. The portal is only accessible by Nike employees who use a designated login to access the site. Put "Wilson High School" in the comments section.
* If a Nike parent has already donated this year, they can go into the portal and scan a picture of the check or credit card number to get the matching donation.
* Nike raised their total matching amount for each employee from $2,500 to $10,000 in 2015.
Join the Committee!
Want to help Foundation raise money for teachers at Wilson? Got ideas, time, and energy? Join the Foundation Committee! Email us at email@example.com.
House Party Extravaganza FAQ
What is a House Party? A house party is a fundraising event hosted by one or more people in a private home. Invitees are treated to good food, beverages, and company, and sometimes a little special entertainment as well. At some point during the evening guests are invited to make a donation to Wilson Foundation. It's a wonderful opportunity for our community to come together and get to know each other better while supporting Wilson.
Is this a fundraiser? Yes! It's different from an auction sign-up party where guests pay a set fee. Everyone is asked to make a contribution according to their ability and desire, whether it's $5 or $500. All donations are greatly appreciated!
Is everyone invited? Yes! Parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, staff. If you would like to attend, rsvp via email and we will send you the time and location of a party. If you include some information about yourself, your Wilson students and their activities, we will do our best to match you to a party with other parents whose kids are involved in the same activities.
Help! I've been invited to more than one party! What should I do? Don't panic! If you are invited to more than one party, take a deep breath and think about what your ideal evening would look like. If you like things hectic, then party-hop. Otherwise, it's fine to let the other hosts know that you can only handle one party per evening, thank you. If you worry that you might disappoint someone, you could divide your donation among the parties you were invited to and send checks to the ones you weren't able to attend.
Where do I sign up? Rsvp to attend a house party at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I have other plans and can't make it to a house party? Make a donation online or by check! Mail your check to Wilson Foundation, 1151 SW Vermont St., Portland 97219.