Welcome to Duniway! Whether you are a new or returning family, we know you will have a fantastic educational experience at our school.
The Duniway Foundation is comprised solely of parent volunteers, who work throughout the year to raise much needed dollars that allow our school to fund classroom teaching and assistant positions not funded by Portland Public Schools. With the funds raised in the 2017-2018 school year Principal Goldstein was able to hire the equivalent of three full-time teaching and teaching assistant positions and plans to pilot a STEM scientist-in-residence program in the Spring. For the 2018-2019 school year, you will be asked by the Duniway Foundation to participate in two key fundraising events:
- The Fall Giving Campaign: www.duniwayelementary.com/give
- The Spring Duniway Auction: Friday, March 8, 2019 - www.duniwayelementary.com/auction - www.facebook.com/duniwayprom.
DETAILS FOR 20TH ANNUAL DUNIWAY AUCTION
- WHEN: Friday, March 8 -- 6:30 - 10 pm
- THEME: Prom
- DRESS CODE: None. Feel free to dress however you like...wear your old prom duds, new prom duds, tuxedo t-shirt, or whatever you're comfortable in for a fun night out!
- WHERE: Melody Ballroom - 615 SE Alder St, Portland, OR 97214
- TIME: 6:30 pm - 10 pm
- AUCTION SPECIFICS:
- Silent auction (with complimentary beer and wine)
- Live auction (with seated dinner)
- Dessert Dash
- Online auction: Begins Tuesday, Feb 19 @ 9 am to Thurs, March 7 @ 10 pm on www.duniwayelementary.com/auction
- Raffles, wine wall, mystery bags and much more!
- AFTER PARTY: 10 pm to whenever the dance party ends
- Location - Melody Ballroom’s new bottle vault club
- Tickets can be purchased with your auction ticket
- WEBSITE TO PURCHASE TICKETS: www.duniwayelementary.com/auction
- TO DONATE ITEMS:
- FOR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR COMPANY/FAMILY:
- Liz Marre - email@example.com
- FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND/OR EVENT QUESTIONS:
- ABOUT THE AUCTION: The 20th Annual Duniway Auction is hosted by The Duniway Foundation which is 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. The Foundation raises money for Duniway teaching positions and enrichment programs that otherwise would not exist. Thirty percent of proceeds are donated to Portland Public Schools' All Hands Raise Fund. For more information about The Duniway Foundation, please visit https://www.pps.net/domain/3372Our biggest volunteer need is helping with our Spring Auction, please contact Betsy Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org; 949-433-6772) if you'd like to join in on the fun.
Thank you for your participation and support of our wonderful school. Please contact us, or any of our Foundation Board members, with your questions or suggestions.
Best wishes for a fantastic school year!
Katie Mills, Duniway Foundation President
Foundation Board Members 2018-2019
2018-2019 Foundation Board Members:
Katie Mills, President
Elizabeth Super, Vice President
Britt Cutsforth Dawkins, Secretary
Jennifer Eggers, Treasurer
Matt Goldstein, Duniway Principal