Back to School Night Information
Tue, Sep 14 6:00pm-7:30pm
Don't miss our virtual Back to School night on Tuesday, September 14th from 6:00 - 7:30. Schedule is below:
6:00-6:30 - Meet and greet with Mr. Wilebski, Jess, and a SUN presentation by Katie
6:30-7:00 - Individual classroom presentation
7:00-7:30- Presentation with our specialist team
First Bell: 8:35
Tardy Bell: 8:45
All School Release Time: 3:00
All students are able to receive free meals at school this year.
Friday, Spetember 17, 2021
Hello Buckman community!
It was great to connect with you at Back to School Night this past Tuesday. If you did not see your teachers slideshow or recording, please reach out to them to get the information. As we are getting more and more into the routines of school, students are settling into the “new normal”. It has been wonderful to continue to connect with students in the hall and out at recess.
Here are a few updates for this week:
Picture Day Is October 6!
Your students should have come home with packets to order pictures. Our picture day is scheduled for October 6th. If you did not receive the picture forms, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
There has been a lot of interest in how we will report COVID cases here at Buckman. My response is always that we will follow the guidance provided by our health officials and PPS team. We did receive news that there is a new tracker to see cases reported by schools. You can find the information here.
SUN classes are starting next Monday the 20th. Due to the increased activity on the upper playground please leave after picking up your students after school. The upper playground will be closed till 5:30pm. The lower playground and field will still be available for play. Thank you for your understanding and keeping our kids safe.
If you wear your 2021 Summer Reading shirt on your library day, you get a free book!
Buckman Library’s Wish List
- SUN after-school classes start Monday! Check your active account for information about picking up your student and to confirm what classes they are enrolled in. Contact Katie with any questions.
- Sign up for chess! There's still plenty of room. More info and sign up here.
- Save the date for a community conversation with our family leadership groups and staff to talk about aligning our work as a community with these social justice standards. October 19th at 6:15pm. All families are welcome.
- SUN is always seeking donations! We are currently asking for individual pre-packaged snacks for our students attending after-school programming. If you'd like to make a financial donation, you can make one here (note "Buckman SUN" in the "special program of support" field).
- The SUN program is collecting items for Buckman families:
- pre-packaged snacks
- at home covid testing kits
- copy paper
- cloth masks for kids
- new socks and underwear (especially boys)
If you have any of the following, connect with Katie Olson to coordinate dropoff: email@example.com.
- Have you considered supporting Buckman PTA through a paid membership? Search for Buckman and join today - membership is only $9.50 and supports school related activities all year long. Please note, that you don't need to have a paid membership to participate in PTA meetings or events, but memberships do provide direct financial support and keep us in a position to continue supporting our school community as much as we can.
- Join us at our first PTA meeting of the year from Wednesday, October 12th from 6-8pm and meet your new Buckman PTA. There are so many ways to get involved and roll up your sleeves. We are excited to meet you!
- Purchase Scrip gift cards and support Buckman! Did you know PTA has a variety of gift cards available for purchase (cash only)? A percentage (4-15%) of each gift card sold goes back to Buckman. Gift cards are a great way to complete your shopping, and they make great gifts. Shop at Fred Meyer? Grab regular drinks at Starbucks? Purchase gift cards with us and use to fund those routine sales! In person gift card sales are cash only. We will be selling Scrip on the upper playground blacktop on the following dates from 3:00 - 4:30:
- Monday, October 18th
- Monday, November 15th
- Monday, December 13th
Who wants to coordinate the yearbook and take pictures? The PTA is looking for both a yearbook coordinator AND photographers. If taking photos and/or design is your jam, please reach out to Jeff Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling all Room Parents! If you are interested in supporting teachers and helping lead your child's classroom (there can be more than one per class!), please reach out to your teacher or email pta@buckmanelementary.
org. We will be hosting monthly Room Parent virtual meetings as a way to connect and engage with others, and share messaging and information with classroom families. Day and time of calls is TBD and will be short and sweet. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm!
- Charleston Wrap is back! If you need wrapping paper for upcoming holidays and celebrations, look no further -- and support Buckman at the same time in just a few easy clicks! The paper is beautiful and unique, and a large portion of proceeds go directly back to Buckman PTA. There's much more than wrapping paper, so take a look and stock up - and don't forget to share with friends and family.
In Community with Kindness,
Buckman Registration Information
Welcome to Buckman!
If you have a child to register at Buckman, you will find all registration information on the Portland Public School Enrollment and Transfer website. PPS Enrollment and Transfer.
Buckman School Neighborhood Bus Route: #306
If you are expecting to ride the bus, please let the office know.
Neighborhood Bus Stop Locations and Times
AM Pick Up
(1) NE 6TH AV @ NE CLACKAMAS ST [SE] 8:12 am
(2) 1557 NE WEIDLER ST [S] 8:16 am
(3) NE 19TH AV @ NE CLACKAMAS ST [NW] 8:17 am
(4) NE 30TH AV @ NE OREGON ST [NW] 306 8:23 am
PM Drop Off
(1) NE 30TH AV @ NE OREGON ST [NW] 3:10 pm
(2) NE CLACKAMAS ST @ NE 19TH AV [NE] 3:16 pm
(3) 1557 NE WEIDLER ST [S] 3:18 pm
(4) NE 6TH AV @ NE CLACKAMAS ST [NW] 3:23 pm
Please check out the link below for information about the SUN Fall Classes.
Champions Child Care NewsChampions is offering Summer Camp at Buckman Elementary.If you are interested in care or have additional questions, please contact Angie Raffaele at 503-915-7893.Please see attched link for more information.