From the Superintendent: Thank you for an incredible school year!6/12/2019
Dear PPS Community,
We have come to the end of what has been an ambitious and groundbreaking school year at the Portland Public Schools. I want to offer my heartfelt thanks to our amazing students, their supportive families, our dedicated teachers, hardworking support staff and dynamic school and district leaders who made it all work.
A few accomplishments for the 2018-19 school year included:
- The opening of two new comprehensive middle schools.
- Hundreds of our stakeholders collaborating on the development of our future vision.
- Incremental increases in our graduation rates.
- Construction beginning on Madison High School and Kellogg Middle School.
- Continued recognitions and awards earned by our students.
We couldn’t accomplish these milestones if not for the dedication and hard work by all of you, whether you teach in a classroom, drive a bus, support your student at home, work in an office, or other responsibilities that together make our district work.
I want to wish all of our graduating seniors the best of luck as you move on to your next steps in college or career paths. I want to express my gratitude to everyone for supporting our students along their educational journey.
We will spend the summer getting ready for classes to begin on August 28, and will be excited and ready to have everyone back. Thank you again everyone for a great school year!
Appreciative of your support,