September 29, 20169/29/2016
Dear da Vinci Families,
Last night at our first PTSA meeting, we elected new officers, adopted our 2016-17 budget and generated excitement about how we best continue to serve and support our wonderfully special da Vinci Arts learning community.
Our students are extremely fortunate to attend school in such a generous community and benefit greatly from your many contributions of time and money. Our exceptional arts-infused program is not possible without support beyond what Portland Public School District provides.
Our PTSA and our Foundation coordinate fundraising, and we want to share with you their unique roles. Here is an overview of fundraising for the 2016-17 school year:
da Vinci PTSA
Purpose: The da Vinci PTSA raises funds to supply arts materials and academic enrichment for students. This includes staff classroom budgets, planners, library books and special events. Additionally, we hope to focus on increasing our da Vinci technology.
- Scrip: on-going throughout the year
- Fred Meyer Rewards: link your card one time and a portion of everything you buy at Fred Meyer will be donated back to the school. Easy!
- Chinook Books: Fall 2016
- Arts Fair: February 11, 2016
- da Vinci School Auction (Spring date TBA, shared event with Foundation)
da Vinci Foundation
Purpose: da Vinci Foundation funds are the only way to provide additional staff (PEOPLE) for our school, above and beyond what the district allocates each year. For this year, Foundation funds have afforded us with three essential staff positions.
$60,000 is our fundraising goal. To meet our goal, we need 100% participation.
- One-time donations and/or monthly contributions can be received at any time through All Hands Raised. Click the donate button and be sure to pick da Vinci in the recipient menu
- Restaurant/community partnerships: Pizzicato Night, Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016
- Fall campaign (November/December)
- Selling roses at major school performances
- Shopping at Amazon.com When you use our Amazon.com link on da Vinci’s homepage. A portion of your purchases will be donated back to the school.
- Raffle (three winners at $500, $250, & $100)
- da Vinci School Auction (Spring date TBA, shared event with PTSA)
Run for the Arts Next FRIDAY, October 7th!
Purpose: Run for the Arts is an annual fundraiser that allows da Vinci students to fundraise directly for staff & supplies to further our arts education goals at the school. Students solicit contributions from sponsors for each lap they complete on Friday, October 7th.
- Pledge Forms went home on Tuesday, 9/27; also, an online Enroll a Runner page is here and if everyone uses this, we can easily collect pledges from family and friends far and wide online.
- Completed forms with collected funds are due Monday, Oct. 24th.
- There are many ways to contribute, and we NEED and value your SUPPORT FOR EVERY da Vinci student!
We hope you will add your voice to our PTSA as a voting member, and stay tuned to the Scroll for our next meeting. Sheli or Liz have PTSA envelopes in the main office.
Our first da Vinci Foundation meeting will be Monday, October 3rd from 7:00 pm to 8:30 at Migration Brewery, 2828 NE Glisan. If you are unable to make it but would like to join our Foundation Team, please email Foundation Chair Brian Schaeperkoetter or Principal Fred Locke.
Don Gavitte & Howard Freedman, PTSA Co-Presidents
Brian Schaeperkoetter, Foundation Chair
Fred Locke, Principal