Sick? Appointment? Vacation?2/12/2019
PLEASE USE THE CHILD WATCH NUMBER TO REPORT ABSENSES, APPOINTMENTS AND VACATIONS
Emailing the teacher is a great idea, but in the long run, the office has to know. Emailing Sarah or Lynn is fine, but there are times we are out of the office and don’t get your message in time. So….
The Duniway Childwatch number is the way to go because it is a message machine, so you can call any time before 9:15 am (the morning of the tardy or absence) at 503-916-3625. Any time a student is in the system as ‘unexcused’, the District auto-dialer will call your home. We need to have a reason for the absence (appointment, illness etc). If you are going on vacation, please be sure to let the office know as well as the classroom teacher.
With that being said:
Cold and Flu Season is here
It is that time of year again when children and adults are ill with signs and symptoms of colds, flu and other infections. This is an excellent time to remember some healthy habits that may help us stay well:
- Cover your cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Wash your hands for at least 30 seconds, and wash often! Wash after recess or gym, before eating, after using the restroom, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Do not share food, drinks utensils, hats, combs, lip balm or other personal items.
Keep your student home:
- For a fever of 100.5 or higher. Your student can return after the temperature has been below 100 for a minimum of 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or other fever-reducing medicine
- Vomiting – symptom-free for 24 hours
- Diarrhea – symptom-free for 24 hours
- Coughing – your student should stay home if the cough is deep, barking, congested or productive.