1/15/21 Family Newsletter1/15/2021
January 18, 2020
January 18 No School - MLK Day
January 21 Principal’s Chat 5:00 pm (Please note new time for this month)
January 22 Principal’s Chat 11-11:45 am (Please note new time for this month)
January 26 PTA Meeting
January 29 No School - Teacher Planning Day
Our next Principal’s Chat will be Thursday, January 21 at 5:00 pm and Friday, January 22 at 11:00 am. (Please note the time changes for these presentations.) I will share plans for MAP testing and update the process for the Limited In-Person Instruction (LIPI) that will be for our most vulnerable students. Information about both of these topics will be coming out this week, but this will provide an opportunity for a quick explanation and Q & A. The code to access the meeting will be: meet.google.com/dgx-jkgq-iun.
MULTNOMAH COUNTY LIBRARY RESOURCES
The Multnomah County Library wants to share the following information with our families:
- We have a Family Newsletter in English and Spanish. You can sign up at those links. It was created to support families through the home learning experience.
- We also have some online content folks might enjoy, like Storytimes in multiple languages for younger kids, and our Books We Love series for older ones in English and Spanish.
- We are trying to offer lots of online events that we hope people will check out.
- We have lots more coming for school-aged kids soon, like a weekly Tween Club that will have a Graphic Novel Book Group, Minecraft Challenges, D&D and Science! I'll send something out once that becomes a real thing!
- Just a reminder that we have services including curbside service, so if folks want to check stuff out, they can! And we have lots of ebooks.
JANUARY MEAL SERVICES
Due to Martin Luther King Jr.’s Day falling on a meal service day, the Nutrition Services department will be providing extra meals on Friday, January 15 and Wednesday, January 20 in order to continue to cover meals for all 7 days. On Friday, January 29 (a teacher planning day), meal services will continue as scheduled. Thank you for sharing updates with your school community.
For PPS families not near a meal pickup location or who need assistance accessing meals and would like to request home meal delivery, please contact email@example.com with:
- Family name
- Address (where meals should be delivered)
- Contact phone number
- Number of children in the household
- School(s) attended
Requests submitted by end of day Monday, will begin receiving meal deliveries on the following Monday. For cancellations, changes or updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to visit our website or contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
FOOD AND NUTRITION BENEFITS THROUGH FEDERAL RELIEF
Nutrition Services wanted to share this information from Partners for Hunger Free Oregon to help explain some of the new and upcoming food and nutrition benefits that will come via the federal relief package.
The federal economic relief package passed late last month included a temporary increase of approximately 15% in SNAP benefits. These benefits are planned to be distributed this month in Oregon. To see the details please read this news release.
SNAP Emergency Allotments will continue for January as well, meaning families will still receive their maximum household allotment of SNAP benefits. Please see these FAQs for more information and feel free to share the news with partners and clients.
Please click here for more information.
GROUT GARDEN DESIGN SURVEY
The current garden beds at Grout are rotting out and need to be rebuilt. We now have an opportunity to change the layout of the garden, and we need your input! Please take a quick moment to rank your choice for new garden designs.
LET’S GET READING!
Our next library book pick up will be the week of January 19th for First, Third, and Fifth grade.
- On the sidewalk on 31st Avenue
- Wednesday, January 20, 2:00-4:00 pm
Please remember to return any books that were previously checked out to you.