Family Newsletter August 218/21/2020
August 21, 2020 - Kelly Family Newsletter
Together, we will - Together, we grow and thrive - Вместе мы растём и рa3BиBaемcЯ.
- Grab and Go meal distribution will be here at Kelly Elementary and begins September 2 from 3-5 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Meals are free for those students who qualify for free or reduced lunch. If your student is not eligible for free or reduced lunch, breakfast will cost $1.50 and lunch will cost $2.90. If you need home delivery, please complete this form. The application for free or reduced lunch has to be completed every year. Please visit this website to apply.
- Kelly Community Connections, August 26, 5-6 p.m. via Google Meet. Mrs. Marchyok and I will be available to answer questions you may have regarding the start of the school year. Feel free to drop into this meeting anytime during the hour to hear and pose questions. We look forward to connecting with you. This will be the first of ongoing opportunities for us to connect with our families.
- Lents Neighborhood Association Meeting, August 25, 7 p.m. Information can be found by visiting their website.
Registration and Devices
- Need technology for the school year? Please complete this survey for each child enrolled at Kelly. This will help us plan to meet your needs. If you have completed the survey, our staff will be reaching out via Remind with a schedule for pick up next week.
- Kindergarten and new student registration:
- Register online.
- Our secretary, Yelena Wanner, will schedule an appointment to bring up all required paperwork to complete registration.
- Please refer to this document to know what you will need.
- If you are unable to complete online registration, please email Yelena at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to register in person.
- Teacher assignments will be communicated via email by early next week. If you do not receive an email or your email address needs to be updated, please contact Yelena Wanner at email@example.com
- Information regarding school supplies and materials will be emailed and mailed to families next week.
- Remind your neighbors to register their kindergartner for the 20-21 school year.
- We continue to await the finalization of regular school day schedules and will communicate this with families as soon as we can. Stay tuned!
- Information regarding the Soft Start can be found here.
- There will be a Community Care Day at Kelly. Our community partner, Imago Dei Church will be supporting us once again with this beautification event. We are waiting to hear back from district personnel regarding date(s) and protocols related to COVID.
- This year, we will use the Remind app as the primary way to notify families. If you need help with how to set up and use Remind, check out this page.
- Back to School Night, Thursday, September 17, 6:00-7:00 p.m. Google Meet link will be shared closer to the date.
- The re-roofing project is moving along and should be completed by the time staff return on August 27.
- The new carpet is installed and looks so inviting! Ms. Foltz is excited for when students are back at the building and see their “new” library space.
Stay in Touch
- Kelly website
- Facebook Pages
- Kelly Elementary School
- Kelly SUN School
- Kelly Elementary PTA
Fall 2020: District Updates
PPS Enrollment: Visit this page for more information about registering your child for school.
Kindergarten Registration: Please register your incoming kindergartener using this link.
COVID-19 Family Resources: check out this page for resources regarding childcare, health care, mental health and food/nutrition.