Family Newsletter August 28th8/28/2020
August 28, 2020 - Kelly Family Newsletter
Together, we will - Together, we grow and thrive - Вместе мы растём и рa3BиBaемcЯ.
- Grab and Go meal distribution will be here at Kelly Elementary and begins September 2 from 3-5 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Meal distribution will be a drive-thru or walk-up service and families can access this through the staff parking lot.
- Free and Reduced Meal Applications: Meals are free for those students who qualify for free or reduced lunch. If your student is not eligible for free or reduced lunch, breakfast will cost $1.50 and lunch will cost $2.90. If you need home delivery, please complete this form. The application for free or reduced lunch has to be completed every year. Please visit this website to apply.
- Teachers are officially back to work and will be reaching out to families over the next couple of days to share information regarding the soft start and what to expect.
- This Welcome Letter was mailed earlier this week. If you did not receive it, please call the Kelly office or email Yelena Wanner, firstname.lastname@example.org to update your mailing address.
Soft Start- September 2nd-11th
- Students can meet and visit with Ms. Fish and Mrs. Marchyok daily, September 2-11 from 8:25a.m. - 8:40 a.m. Students can come to Google Meet using the nickname ‘kellymorningwelcome’
- Teachers will share information with families regarding soft start expectations and activities. Information regarding the Soft Start can be found here.
- Teachers will communicate detailed daily schedules prior to September 14.
- Our start time will be 8:40 a.m. beginning with breakfast and morning meeting and end at 3:00 p.m. every day.
- Welcome letter - English | Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | Русский | Soomaali
- Please complete this survey about Kelly Kindergarten Meet and Greets. Meet and greet will be either virtual or socially distanced, outdoor meets with masks depending on teacher and family needs.
- Kindergarten teachers will meet all students and families and then determine individual class placement based on those interactions. First day of school for kindergartners is Tuesday, September 8.
Registration, Teacher Assignment and Devices
- Kindergarten and new student registration:
- Register online.
- Our secretary, Yelena Wanner, will schedule an appointment to bring up all required paperwork to complete registration.
- Please refer to this document to know what you will need.
- If you are unable to complete online registration, please email Yelena at email@example.com to arrange a time to register in person.
- Teacher assignments were communicated via email last Friday as well as in a mailer. If you did not receive an email or the mailer, please contact Yelena Wanner at firstname.lastname@example.org to update email and/or address information. She can also communicate the assignment at that time.
- Pick-up times for backpacks and school supplies will be communicated to families via Remind next week.
- Need technology for the school year? Please complete this survey for each child enrolled at Kelly. This will help us plan to meet your needs. If you have completed the survey, our staff will be reaching out via Remind with a schedule for pick up.
Stay in Touch
- Kelly website
- Facebook Pages
- Kelly Elementary School
- Kelly SUN School
- Kelly Elementary PTA
Fall 2020: Visit this site for information about how to access the various digital platforms and resources
Digital Learning: Check out this resource for safety and communication guidelines during virtual learning
PPS Enrollment: Visit this page for more information about registering your child for school.
Kindergarten Registration: Please register your incoming kindergartener using this link.
COVID-19 Family Resources: check out this page for resources regarding childcare, health care, mental health and food/nutrition.