Family Newsletter September 4th9/4/2020
Our staff were so thrilled to meet your children and start the journey of this school year together! Please read the family newsletter for important information about meal distribution, classroom schedules, library books, backpacks and more.
September 4, 2020 - Kelly Family Newsletter
Together, we will - Together, we grow and thrive - Вместе мы растём и рa3BиBaемcЯ.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2020 in observance of Labor Day
- Grab and Go meal distribution will be here at Kelly Elementary from 3-5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Meal distribution will be a drive-thru or walk-up service and families can access this through the staff parking lot. Meals are provided FREE for all children, ages 1-18.
- Student Health Portal: Please visit the Multnomah Education Service District (MESD) website to use the student health portal. This is where you can find important forms related to your child’s health condition(s).
Soft Start- September 2nd-11th
- Students can meet and visit with Ms. Fish and Mrs. Marchyok daily, September, 2-11 from 8:25a.m. - 8:40 a.m. Students can come to Google Meet using the nickname ‘kellymorningwelcome’
- 1st day of school for Kindergarten is Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions. If you have not heard from your child’s teacher, please contact the Kelly office at 503-916-6350.
- We continue to build schedules that are designed to provide the best virtual learning experience for all of our students. There is potential of changing the start time of the school day to 8:30 a.m. instead of 8:40 a.m. in order to accommodate all student instructional minutes as well as teacher directed planning time. We will continue to make decisions that positively promote student engagement and will keep families posted.
- Teachers will communicate detailed daily schedules prior to September 14. We are waiting for district approval.
Backpacks, Library Books, and Devices
- Families can pick up backpacks with school supplies on Wednesday, September 9 in the parking lot. Families with last name A-L please come between 9a.m. and 12p.m. Families with last name M-Z, please come between 1p.m. and 4p.m.
- Please return library books from last year on Wednesday, September 9, 8:30a.m.-4p.m. in the Kelly parking lot.
- Need technology for the school year? Please complete this survey for each child enrolled at Kelly. This will help us plan to meet your needs. If you have completed the survey, our staff will be reaching out via Remind with a schedule for pick up.
Stay in Touch
- Kelly website
- Facebook Pages
- Kelly Elementary School
- Kelly SUN School
- Kelly Elementary PTA
- Instagram Account
- Growing Gardens: @growinggardenspdx
Language Services: A service for parents or guardians (in the five PPS supported languages) to communicate with schools regarding attendance, achievement, behavior, assessment, evaluation, registration, parent /teacher conferences, special instruction, disciplinary matters.
中文 | Chinese
Русский | Russian
Soomaali | Somali
Español | Spanish
Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese
Fall 2020: Visit this site for information about how to access the various digital platforms and resources
Digital Learning: Visit this site for information and videos related to some of our digital tools and platforms (Seesaw, Google Meet, Remind)
PPS Enrollment: Visit this page for more information about registering your child for school.
Kindergarten Registration: Please register your incoming kindergartener using this link.
COVID-19 Family Resources: check out this page for resources regarding childcare, health care, mental health and food/nutrition.
SUN Site Manager
email@example.com or (503)780-9813.
Working hours: 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m., Monday -Thursday
firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-847-6742.
Working hours: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., Monday -Thursday