Family Newsletter September 11th9/11/2020
- Need a video tutorial to support your child in comprehensive distance learning? Go to https://www.pps.net/familyresources and scroll down to see language specific videos on Clever, Seesaw and more.
- Help Desk: Ms. Fish and Mrs. Marchyok will have a “Help Desk” for families on Monday, August 14, 8:15a.m.-3:00p.m. Visit us at Google Meet ‘kellyhelpdesk’ with questions
- Grab and Go meal distribution will be here at Kelly Elementary from 3-5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Meal distribution will be a drive-thru or walk-up service and families can access this through the staff parking lot. Meals are provided FREE for all children, ages 1-18.
- Student Health Portal: Please visit the Multnomah Education Service District (MESD) website to use the student health portal. This is where you can find important forms related to your child’s health condition(s).
- Child Care Information: call 211 to receive a customized referral to emergency child care programs. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and # for all other languages. Enter your 5-digit zip code. Press 3 for child care and then press 2 to access a child care provider for your family. You can also text the keyword “children” or “niños” to 898211.
- Back-to-School Night, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 6-7:30 p.m.
Schedules for- September 14th-18th
- To help our students transition from a soft start to a full schedule, the expectation this week will be that students attend the morning meeting, lunch and specials meets. Lunch is on your own.
- Your child will continue to practice using Seesaw and teachers will communicate with families about how reading, writing, math and science instruction will be implemented gradually. We want to acknowledge the transition students are making from soft start and support building their stamina for online learning.
11:30 (M, W, F)
11:35 (T, Th)
Meet the Kelly Staff
- Check out our first Kelly Staff Book called “Welcome to Kelly” created in the BookCreator app. This is a wonderful way to get to know our diverse and talented staff!
Backpacks, Library Books, and Devices
- We are monitoring air quality and will update families when we are able to resume our backpack distribution and library book returns.
- If you need a technology device, please visit the district’s ‘Family Resources’ webpage
Stay in Touch
- Kelly website
- Facebook Pages
- Kelly Elementary School
- Kelly SUN School
- Kelly Elementary PTA
- Instagram Account
- Growing Gardens: @growinggardenspdx
Language Services: A service for parents or guardians (in the five PPS supported languages) to communicate with schools regarding attendance, achievement, behavior, assessment, evaluation, registration, parent /teacher conferences, special instruction, disciplinary matters.
中文 | Chinese
Русский | Russian
Soomaali | Somali
Español | Spanish
Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese
Fall 2020: Visit this site for information about how to access the various digital platforms and resources
Digital Learning: Visit this site for information and videos related to some of our digital tools and platforms (Seesaw, Google Meet, Remind)
PPS Enrollment: Visit this page for more information about registering your child for school.
Kindergarten Registration: Please register your incoming kindergartener using this link.
COVID-19 Family Resources: check out this page for resources regarding childcare, health care, mental health and food/nutrition.
SUN Site Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (503)780-9813.
Working hours: 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m., Monday -Thursday
email@example.com or 503-847-6742.
Working hours: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., Monday -Thursday