LHS Digital Citizenship Guidelines4/5/2020
To ensure a safe and appropriate learning environment, we expect all students to abide by behavioral expectations that we would likewise expect if students were attending class in person. Additionally, we expect appropriate online conduct at all times for school-related meetings and work, including adherence to the following expectations:
· Do not share the Google Hangout/Meet or any videoconferencing URL that is created by a teacher or the school.
· Do not attend any school-related Google Hangout/Meet or any videoconferencing to which you have not been invited.
· Use academically-appropriate language during all school activities and communications.
· Behave appropriately and respectfully while participating in synchronous and asynchronous remote learning activities.
· Be aware of the environment from which you are participating during video conferencing (e.g., do not display inappropriate items/images in the foreground or background).
· Dress appropriately for online video conferences.
Students who violate appropriate technology use expectations during this period of distance learning, as they would in the traditional school setting, will receive disciplinary consequences. Student safety remains our top priority. Bullying or hate speech including racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, or xenophobic attacks will not be tolerated. For more information please refer to the PPS Students Rights and Responsibilities handbook. https://www.pps.net/