Athletics Update: 3/25/203/13/2020
Hello, Spring athletics families,
We are following the guidelines set by both the Oregon School Activities Association and PPS regarding athletics practices and games in the coming weeks. The directions from the OSAA are (paraphrased):
- OSAA SUSPENDS PRACTICES AND CONTESTS THROUGH APRIL 28.
- Athletes and teams must heed the Governor’s “Stay Home. Save Lives.” Executive Order which remains in effect until terminated by the Governor.
- The closure of schools and school properties through April 28 includes a prohibition on students/community members using school properties, athletic fields, and playgrounds.
- We realize it is tempting for our high school athletes to have informal workouts together at parks, etc., but we discourage groups of students from getting together in alignment with local, state, and federal social distancing guidelines.
- COVID-19 continues to live for days on some surfaces, including playground/athletic equipment and public seating areas.
Madison Athleticsupdated 3/25/20