Message from Principal Skyles: Madison Family Update - April 11, 20204/11/2020
We wanted to provide you with updated information as of today.
If it is an emergency please contact 911.
Our top priority is to support students and families in our community who need Food Support and Mental Health Support. If you have a concern or are hearing of concerns please send an email to email@example.com.
We are all saddened by the decision to close in-person learning for the remainder of the year but understand that the decision is being made with the health and safety of our students, staff, and community is important. We know this decision has also raised many questions and we will try and provide updates and answers as they become available.
Please note that the updated topics are in red.
- Seniors and Graduation: Click Here
- Freshman - Juniors: We are waiting for guidance from the Oregon Department of Education, this could come at any time. After we have this guidance, PPS will send out communication and we will follow that with an MHS email explaining the details with a Question and Answer section.
- Reminders about Distance Learning: Click Here
- Food Resources: PPS Food Hubs will be open Monday-Friday and will continue to serve as a food hub into June. Madison has a drive-thru lane. In NE Portland, Scott and Rigler are schools providing the same services. For more information, please check Click Here for the most updated information regarding Food Resources. If you need additional support regarding food please email Principal Skyles - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended School Year: We have been informed at this time that we will not be extending the school year. At this point, it is still scheduled to end on June 10th.
- Prom: As of today, Prom has been canceled. We know this will be difficult for our seniors.
- School Events, Spring Sports and Activities: All school events & Spring Sports have been canceled. Families will receive refunds for sports fees. We are currently working on the logistics of this. More information will be provided soon. Click Here for info from the OSAA: http://www.osaa.org/coronavirus
- AP Exams: PPS students will be provided the opportunity to take their AP exams. AP teachers at Madison are working with their students, please have your student contact their AP teacher for more information.
- Dual Credit: Most classes are able to move forward with offering Dual Credit. Teachers will be communicating directly with families regarding the new system. If you have specific questions please contact the teacher or Dr. Boyer - email@example.com.
- Building Access for Students: We are not able to provide access to the building for students. We recognize students will need to get personal items and turn in books and other school items. When it is SAFE we will provide a system to address the collection and return of items.
- Graduation: PPS has not canceled any graduation ceremonies as of today.
- Remind App: PPS has started using the Remind app to communicate with students. Remind allows staff to text, make calls, send reminders, share video and photos, and allows PPS to track all interactions. It does not take the place of Google Classroom. If you have any questions or concerns about using Remind, please reach out to Principal Skyles - firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is more detailed information from PPS - Click Here
- Information about Supporting Your Students Emotions During Covid19: Click Here
- Yearbooks: We are still planning on providing Yearbooks.
- Construction on the new building is progressing and we are on track.
Madison High School