For Parents and Caregivers of Children and Adolescents with
Behavioral and Mental Health Challenges.
NAMI Basics is a free, six-week education program taught by trained teachers who
themselves have lived similar experiences with their own children.
- Trauma of mental illness for the child and family
- Latest research on the medical aspects of mental illness
- Biology of mental illness
- Overview of the systems involved in caring for children and teens
- An overview of treatment options
- Impact of illness of the rest of the family
to view a flyer with more information about dates, times, and how to register for the class.